Installed OEM Heater in 2014 X900 need a little help

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
two things, the thermostat could be stuck open so it's running a little cooler than normal.

and or there is an actual blockage in the new heater system.

Hard to do but remove both lines and flush water through to see if you are getting enough flow through the heater to begin with.

This is a real strange one, because these little diesels make lots of heat and it's just the opposite of what you are getting.

If it's not the original system that is at fault it's got to be the new addition. Yes I know you know that, but I just had to repeat it. ha ha

So my point is, if the engine is not making heat, it's most likely the thermostat.

Then if the heater is not making heat it's most likely an air lock or blockage.

The only two things that seem most probable in this situation.

My old 900 would blast out nice warm air and lots of it but not what I'd call really hot. Like Kanook says it was enough to make things comfortable for winter plowing. Nothing like my later 1100 though.

Keep digging.

628pm

Site Supporter
GOT IT FIXED.

I know it is hard to believe but it was my fault. I was taking the hoses off to see if there was a problem, of course there was, when I was routing the hoses next to the radiator, I twisted one of the hoses.

So I took the hoses off, threw them away, bought new hoses, routed them a different path, and now I have heat. Next couple of weeks, should have the doors and back glass. Then comes the boss vplow.

Thanks all for your help, I know I just got in a little hurry and screwed up.

Thanks again.