RTV-X1100 thoughts.

I own two RTV-X1100C's.
Bought one of the first ones around in November last year, it has 2,300km showing on the odometer (how do you change it to miles?)

I bought the second one at the end of last May, it has about 1,900km.

The only mods are on the newer one I put on 26 inch Essex surefoots.
I have also owned a RTV 900 and RTV 1100 previously, got rid of them when the X series came out and wouldn't go back.

I do have one problem though, my ranch is fairly rough and I use my RTV-X's like pickups. I do all my ranch work over my 7,000 acres out of an RTV-X.
So far on the older machine I have broken the left front shock shaft at the top by the mount. My dealer covered it, this was at the beginning of May.

Bought the second machine and with less than 20 hours on it (first week!,) broke the right rear shock in the same spot..... Again, dealer warranty.

Now this morning I had just dropped off some mineral for my cows, heading back out of the pasture and bang! Left front shock shaft.

I don't care about the slop in the suspension bushings, anyone else broken shocks or am I just too hard on things?

The manager at the dealership told me he would look into it, but the shop foreman allowed that I'm not the only one that has brought in a RTV-X with a broken shock shaft. He wouldn't tell me anymore than Kubota was aware of the problem and working with supplier to correct the issue. He didn't know about a pending recall.

King

I haven't heard of this problems on any machines and I have searched most of the internet boards on the rtvs x. I now have the older model and plan to upgrade soon to the new models.

826 miles on mine since April and no shock problem yet.

have no idea about the km miles situation. Since you are in Texas is it possible yours was built for the Mexican market and not the US?

826 miles on mine since April and no shock problem yet.

have no idea about the km miles situation. Since you are in Texas is it possible yours was built for the Mexican market and not the US?

I'm not in Texas, I'm in Kansas. I know it reads in KM because it counts up by 1.6 for every mile down the road.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
My guess is that they are built with both miles and km readings to be used interchangeably as they sold in a lot of places. My guess is it's like a digital car speedo and can be changed in the electronics reasonably quickly. If it's not in the manual the dealer should know.

Call Messicks if the locals don't know. Bob