RTV 1120D

Kubotamann

I am certainly confused. I have been changing oil for all my vehicles for 50years or more. My wife and I bought a new RTV 1120D and now have 49 hours on it. I am very particular as to maintenance. I had to change the transmission oil and filter as required by Kubota. All went well and oil was clear and no metal as far as I could see. After idling for a few minutes, as required, I moved the RTV about 100 yards and parked it. The next morning I drove it about a mile and noticed I could not go as fast 25mph, as before the oil change. Since I was concerned about this change I spent a number of hours trying to find the problem and all it did was get worse! Of course I checked the oil level and all was okay in that department. I called my dealer and they stated that it sound like there may be an air leak somewhere in the system. Again I looked for the problem and it still got worse. My next move was thinking one of the new filters was defective. Since I still had the original filter I had taken off and they were clean I replaced both new filters with the original filters. I again drained the transmission oil. This time there was quite a bit of aluminum shavings in the oil!! After correctly filling the transmission again with Super trans oil I again tried to drive it. It now will not move unless I proceed to make the engine go way too fast and then it jumps making it dangerous for my wife to drive!! I have an appointment with the dealer but it is quite a chore, 350 miles one way, so I am open to any or all suggestions as to what the problem is. By the way I can easily roll the unit, while in neutral, without too much effort. I thought maybe the brakes were dragging but it appears that is not it. Sorry for the long story but there was a lot to tell. Thanks!

Mark.Sibole

if the second fluid change showed a lot of steel in it id say something let loose.Definatly a dealer trip is in store

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Oh Man, I am sorry to hear about your problems ! I am the owner of a 900 and am not sure of yours , forgive me for asking this, but are the filters possibly reversed? My orange is in rear and yellow on side. They are very different in function. There is also sometimes a piece of clear plastic on just the open end of them, I had a couple that didn't though. This is on my 900 . I am off to Ark for a day ( no internet) or so but wish you the best of luck. collie

King

That is just plain weird why would the oil change have caused a problem. Let the dealer figure that out keep us informed so all the members with new machines can watch for this.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
very very strange. Like the others said, I'm afraid a trip to the dealer is unavoidable. Changing fluids could not have caused the issue you are experiencing.

Wecome to net tractor talk. Wish it were under better circumstances. Best wishes for getting the RTV back running as it was before.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
When you say super trans oil are you using Kubota's SUDT or some other oil? These units need the Kubota fluid to run right.

Kubotamann

Yep I used super UTD. I changed oil again today and filters. Looks like the filters are only filling half way and the oil have specs of aluminum again. I could not move the RTV no matter how fast I ran the engine!! Guess I am in for a long trip to the dealer.

King

This is the strangest thing. It ran fine the you changed the oil and now it wont move and the oil is full of metal chips. Has to be something else that happened I sure hope its under warranty and the deal covers it sounds like you need a new transmission if its froze up and full of metal chips. Lets us know what the dealer says.