WooHoo!

Dougster

Old Member
Oh I see now. You are jumping on the Al Gore bandwagon. Save a tree and put a stop to Global Warming eh!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Brother! :rolleyes: You know what I think of Fat Al and his Global Warming Hoax!!! The term "three dollar bill" suddenly comes to mind!

Not to get into our planning and reasoning too much on this... but I will say that a key part of our plan involved getting a really good deal on some scrap steel from a certain person overloaded with same at a farm a mere one state over from our intended home site. :mrgreen:

Dougster

Oh Brother! :rolleyes: You know what I think of Fat Al and his Global Warming Hoax!!! The term "three dollar bill" suddenly comes to mind!

Not to get into our planning and reasoning too much on this... but I will say that a key part of our plan involved getting a really good deal on some scrap steel from a certain person overloaded with same at a farm a mere one state over from our intended home site. :mrgreen:

Dougster

Oh is that so. You had better start being nice to me then. :moon3:

Dougster

Old Member
Ed,
So what flavor peanut butter do you like? Maybe Dougster can help you out in a bulk purchase.:yankchain:
hugs, Brandi
No Peanut Butter for me. I have a real job to pay the bills. :fishing:
Oh, listen to you two!!! :eek: Just wait until you two turn 55 and find out what your respective employers think of their employees hitting the double nickels! :rolleyes:

You'll be calling the poor old Dougster for economic survival lessons!!! :(

Dougster

Dougster
YEP!

Attachments

• AG.JPG
    AG.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 8
  • AGB.jpg
    AGB.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 6
Oh, listen to you two!!! :eek: Just wait until you two turn 55 and find out what your respective employers think of their employees hitting the double nickels! :rolleyes:

Dougster

Hate to tell ya this Doug but the average Joe at my place generally retires at somewhere between 62 to 67. Oh yea and currently we have 25 + employees with at least 25 years of service. :applause:

Dougster

Old Member
Hate to tell ya this Doug but the average Joe at my place generally retires at somewhere between 62 to 67. Oh yea and currently we have 25 + employees with at least 25 years of service. :applause:
Well, okay for now. But just wait until some firm from China buys you guys out just for the contracts and moves the actual fabrication operation overseas! I hope you can learn to speak Chinese!!! :rolleyes:

Dougster

Bindian

Dougster

Dougster:starbucks:,
One word......................Unions. As to your reference about some outfit in China buying us. I don't think so. Can you see a foreign company owning the most travelled airline in the U.S.? Now, there was a rumor last year that Shell Oil Co. was going to buy us out. The government wouldn't allow that either. Because no body could compete with us if we got our fuel at a huge disount from our "parent" company. But I do need to stay healthy and able to work. Bring on the King Crabs.;)
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster:starbucks:,
One word......................Unions. As to your reference about some outfit in China buying us. I don't think so. Can you see a foreign company owning the most travelled airline in the U.S.? Now, there was a rumor last year that Shell Oil Co. was going to buy us out. The government wouldn't allow that either. Because nobody could compete with us if we got our fuel at a huge discount from our "parent" company. But I do need to stay healthy and able to work. Bring on the King Crabs.;)
hugs, Brandi
Ed felt sorry for me and my bowl of gruel... so he bought me dinner tonight! :thumb: Remind me to be nice to him for a couple of days! :tiphat:

I guess the poor old Dougster could have benefited from a professional engineers union if there were such a thing. Maybe that would have helped with the "55 and out" attitude of my former employer. But it is what it is (or was what it was) and it's all history now. The Dougster can only hope to survive this winter and stay focused on the 2008 ditch digging season ahead. That will determine the old Dougster's future. :rolleyes:

Dougster