Considering a new RTV 1100 or Polaris Ranger Diesel???

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea i guess it would do a good job of snow plowing but man when i loaded almost 400lbs in the bed the front tires looked like they was gonna come off the ground.it's probably the best hunting utv outthere because it's narrowness and the 4x4 system .i would give it a good rating on the hunting and getting around the outdoors but work is like you said it's a lite worker. now i did do a mudders clutch up grade with a heavyduty belt and she pulls really good but if you put a trailer on it with any kinda tonge weight she squats to the ground bad.there are some shocks out there for 700.00 +dollars but i just can't see payin that much for some shocks .thats one of the reasons i was considering the air shocks .don't get me wrong i love my rhino and love the places it can go but to me it needs about 15/20 more hp to be a good worker.the 4x4 system is probably one of the best they have out there other than the fact the rear end stays fully locked at all times.thats another thing they could do is put in a rear dif unlocker .i undersand you on the 30% now .lol most people try to stay clear of the belt driven utv's but i'll tell you this with the heavy duty belt and clutch kit it will snap a axles like it's butter before the belt gives any.one day i'm gonna get me another worker utv because of the heavy hauling i do or try to do.lol

PA Jeep

The local dealer gave me the oppertunity to test a new RTV 1100 overnight. Great oppertunity to give it a good test. Overall a very impressive machine. I I'm ordering one on Monday. I plan on Camo, atv tires and spray in bed liner. Do you reccomend any other options??

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The local dealer gave me the oppertunity to test a new RTV 1100 overnight. Great oppertunity to give it a good test. Overall a very impressive machine. I I'm ordering one on Monday. I plan on Camo, atv tires and spray in bed liner. Do you reccomend any other options??

Camo should come with ATV tires, don't let them charge you extra for them.
Also, go ahead and get the high rise intake, it will save your machine and your
pocket book in time.

Order you some Boot Savers from Tommy on this site. They are worth a million !!!!

Get ready to remove the spark arrestor. DON'T ask your dealer to remove.

Go ahead and get the machine, and many of us will tell you more about the spark arrestor
and the " clogging " that occurs in all diesel that have them.

......... two guns

Attachments

• Happy Cajun.jpg
    Happy Cajun.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 219

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Are you getting the hydraulic dump?The "go lite "is a great add on but isn't a dealer item to my knowledge. Folks that have them will chime in on winches etc. Having the first round of service at 50 hrs thrown in would be nice. Good Luck, bordercollie

XTROOPER

I have the 1100 and use the winch often. I got the 3000 lb winch, but if I did it again, I would go to the 4000 lb. (burnt out one 3000 lb. Warn). If you are hauling anything, the screen on the window is a good idea. I do not have the Kubota screen, on this site everyone says it it easy to install yourself. You will be happy with the machine, I just got in from moving firewood and the dump will handle anything you can fit in it. Awesome machine, (I',m still saying that 3 years and 400 hours later. XTROOPER

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
what burnt up on the warn?i might be able to fix it if you still have it .i have tons of winch parts laying around.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
........ bordercollie is perfectly right.

MAKE THAT FIRST 50 HR SERVICE PART OF THE DEAL !!!! That is worth much.
And make them go back with the Super UDT.
..... and yes, bordercollie mentioned the GoLite. It is a great item to have.

Winch, we carry a snatch block with us at all times, just in case.

....... two guns

Attachments

• Snoopy & Woodstock.jpg
    Snoopy & Woodstock.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 216

PA Jeep

Peanut Looked at the that machine too bad wrong color.
Border..I think the dump is standard on the 1100.
Two Guns will add the high intake good idea. Thanks for the tip on the ATV tires will make sure of no up charge. Plan to add a winch and some extra lights, a radio of some kind and the very first mod will be a gun holder. Thanks to all for the help. Looks like I'll be around here for a while.:tiphat:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Plan to add a winch and some extra lights, a radio of some kind and the very first mod will be a gun holder. Thanks to all for the help. Looks like I'll be around here for a while.:tiphat:

*** Big Sky 2 Gun Rack
*** On the lights, may I suggest the Peterson Adjustable Tractor Lights Recessed in Rubber Housing Part # 16369 from Tractor Supply. Super Lights, we have them on the front and rear, cost is about 14$$$ each. Been running for over four years, running strong. Also have a Remote Golite.

*** Give Allterrainonline.com a shot on your winch needs,( and just about any other accesorries for the Kubota)., they are super folks and will treat you like # 1 !!!!!
We have purchased everything from tires, rims, winches and winch mounts >>>>

...... two guns

Attachments

• Kubota RTV tires 2.jpg
    Kubota RTV tires 2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 212

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
don't go with nuthin less than a 4000 lbs winch if you could try to get a 4500lbs winch and don't forget the snatch block it will double your pulling power on the winch.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Also , on that radio, consider one with a weather band. It will come thru where phones won't. While maybe not an accessory, Slime is a necessity in the tires. bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats PA Jeep!

We are very good at spending other people's money so don't worry, we'll hook you up with all kinds of accessories. :)

Heatwave

While we're all spending your money, please permit to plug my Ramsey "Honcho 5000#" winch. I've pulled some pretty amazing loads, including my neighbor's stuck-in-deep-mud Chevy 4WD pickup truck, with this winch ... it never hesitated or bogged down.

PA Jeep

Well ordered the 1100 today. Camo, high intake, rear window screen, bed liner atv tires. Dealer thinks it will be in and ready before this weekend. :wink:

Border...good thought on the weather band.

Been reading about larger tires on the forum. Do you all use a lift for 26" 589's? Why not use 27"s? I want to get going on 589's and gun rack before deer season in Nov.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
stick with the 26"and leave the lift kit alone .the 26's have the same tread dept as the 27 so you wont be looseing any lug dept but atleast you won't run .

PA Jeep

Well my 1100 will be picked-up Thursday. I have ordered my gun rack, radio and some seat covers. Peanut why don't you like the Essex 2" lift with 27's?