Brakes Specifications

jolaru

All manuals I have seen indicate that FRONT/REAR brakes are wet disc brakes and PARKING BRAKE is rear wheel/hand lever.</P>

Looking at my new unit, serial number just under 48,000, I see the master cylinder, front wheel brake cases, tubing, etc.</P>

I must have "oldtimers" because I see nothing at the rear wheels. I understand about the hydraulic transmission braking feature, but unless there are rear wheel brake parts internal to the transmission, I don't see rear wheel brakes on my unit. Almost embarassed to ask.</P>

I'm only 67 years old, but have always been told to ask if you don't know the answer.</P>

I assumed 4 wheel brakes from the break pedal and parking brakes at the rear wheels.</P>

Ricochet

[quote user="jolaru"]

All manuals I have seen indicate that FRONT/REAR brakes are wet disc brakes and PARKING BRAKE is rear wheel/hand lever.</P>

Looking at my new unit, serial number just under 48,000, I see the master cylinder, front wheel brake cases, tubing, etc.</P>

I must have "oldtimers" because I see nothing at the rear wheels. I understand about the hydraulic transmission braking feature, but unless there are rear wheel brake parts internal to the transmission, I don't see rear wheel brakes on my unit. Almost embarassed to ask.</P>

I'm only 67 years old, but have always been told to ask if you don't know the answer.</P>

I assumed 4 wheel brakes from the break pedal and parking brakes at the rear wheels.</P>

[/quote]</P>

The rear wet-type brakes are internal to the transmission (dynamic braking) and the parking brake engages them when actuated. The master cylinder is only for the front tractor style wet-type brakes.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></P>