16 foot trailer?

twentyacres

Can anyone tell me does a 16 foot trailer fit a L4400 with a 6 foot Land Pride cutter or do I need an 18 fot?

Thanks in advance

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Rotary Cutter or Finish Mower? The tractor itself is almost 10' long. A 6' RC would be pushing it. With a RFM it might fit. Does it have a loader?

You might pushing it on the 16' with the weight. The tractor weighs 3300 lbs by itself, not counting the cutter.

shvl73

I think you'll hang over the end and it will be difficult to get the right amount of tongue weight to tow safely, though maybe not impossible.
Add up the weights to make sure you're not over the GVW of the trailer as well.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My L3400 has the factory fel and a 6' Woods RFM. With the bucket curled for minimum length it measures 17' 5" from the lip of the bucket to the back of the tail wheels on the mower. If you are getting a 6' rotary cutter (bush hog) instead of a rear finish mower add a couple of feet to the above.

I've moved it on a 16' gooseneck but you have to put the bucket on top of the gooseneck to get it all on the trailer and the tailboard on the trailer just closed.

Where are you in NOVA? I'm in Western Loudoun County near Purcellville.

Jim

twentyacres

Culpeper county

Hi Jim, thanks. I'll take your advice and go with an 18'.

I live in Culpeper county. Do you know of any Kubota dealers that offer package deals in our area?

My L3400 has the factory fel and a 6' Woods RFM. With the bucket curled for minimum length it measures 17' 5" from the lip of the bucket to the back of the tail wheels on the mower. If you are getting a 6' rotary cutter (bush hog) instead of a rear finish mower add a couple of feet to the above.

I've moved it on a 16' gooseneck but you have to put the bucket on top of the gooseneck to get it all on the trailer and the tailboard on the trailer just closed.

Where are you in NOVA? I'm in Western Loudoun County near Purcellville.

Jim

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I've bought two tractors and some implements from the guy in Purcellville. There's a dealer in Winchester but I've just bought parts there.

If you don't mind a little travel Neil Messick is a member here and their place is in Pennsylvania. They have ads in the rotation at the top of each forum page.

Jim