Snow Blower

Scotty

Does anyone know of a way to put a snow blower on the front of an RTV. I've also got a Kuboto tractor with PTO that I could put a blower on but it would have to go on the back and I can't see myself backing up and down a 1/2 mile long driveway all winter.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Scotty,</P>

First, welcome to the forum.</P>

A snowblower on the RTV is a tough one...
There's snowblowers made to go on an ATV but all the ones I've seen are too narrow. They're also very expensive since they have their own engine.</P>

Where do you live (so we have an idea of how much snow you get)? Which model tractor do you have (and do you have a FEL)? If so, there may be a snowblower attachment that can be put on your tractor.</P>

Many (myself included) just use a rear blade on the tractor for removal. Use the FEL to take care of piles. Going backwards does get old.</P>

Brian
</P>

Ricochet

You can get a snow blade instead. Also,I have seen aftermarket companies that make a hydraulic sweeper. Granted these might not work with your snow conditions but it might be worth looking into.

G

sweepester makes a gas powered one, we sold one and it looked pretty solid. There are pictures on our site. </P>

Scotty

Guys - thanks for all the thoughtful responses. My wife and I are moving to N. Idaho where we have been busy getting ready to build a new house. We've got the road in (3000') and a few acres cleared where we are going to build. The tractor is a 12 year old L2550. I don't know what a FEL is.The tractor has a rear PTO only. I'd like to use the RTV for plowing if possible. I figured I'd add a cab and a heater. I'm dubious of the blade that goes in the receiver as that just doesn't seem to me like it would hold up well. Folks who have lived in the area for a long time tell me that if I use a blade rather then a blower that there will be winters when the piles will get to big for the blade but I suppose I could use the loader on the tractor when that happens.</P>

Dale</P>

Scotty

Okay - Now I feel really stupid. I just realized that by FEL you meant a front end loader. Yes I have one. My situation is a gravel road approximately 3000' long with a bank on one side. The road has an overall elevation gain of approximately 300'. I suspect I'm going to end up using a blade on the front of the RTV until the piles get to big and then knocking them down with the loader. I was hoping someone made a blower for the front of the RTV but it doesn't look very promising. I realize that it would have to be at least 60" wide and that would probably take a fairly hefty motor and would probably not be cost effective.

Ricochet

[quote user="Scotty"]Okay - Now I feel really stupid. I just
realized that by FEL you meant a front end loader. Yes I have
one. My situation is a gravel road approximately 3000' long with
a bank on one side. The road has an overall elevation gain of
approximately 300'. I suspect I'm going to end up using a blade
on the front of the RTV until the piles get to big and then knocking
them down with the loader. I was hoping someone made a blower for
the front of the RTV but it doesn't look very promising. I
realize that it would have to be at least 60" wide and that would
probably take a fairly hefty motor and would probably not be cost
effective.[/quote]

The blade for the RTV is very durable (made by Curtis Cab)
and attaches more securely than just via the front receiver and the blade has
the option for hydraulic angle control. Your tractor can handle a FEL
snow blower or rear PTO blower when the snow gets high.<span style=""> The RTV blade and tractor driven blower combo would work nicely...good luck with it all. [:)]</span>