Funny meeting today

G

I had a ### (removed to be kind) meeting today, it was interesting. They have some new backhoes and batwing mowers that should make a bit of a splash. One thing was funny though - they are now reselling EZ-GO's UTV. Like always they want to try and show why they are better than the competition. They showed some places they out spec the ranger and the gator.. but then there was the RTV. Instead of saying why they where better, they said why Kubota was too good. The slide literaly said "Customers don't want diesel, they are comforatable with gas" and "most customers in this class don't need 4WD". I got a laugh out of this. Maybe they don't "need" it - but it sure does sell.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are we talking about sales to "Suburbia"? (Nice house on 1 acre who want a UTV that matches their Hummer that'll never see anything other than pavement)?!?!?

G

no not really, they where talking about the market as a whole.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
HAHAHA !! The just need a golf cart. I liked my mule when I had it. Then ,once I looked at the RTV it was like apples and uh... persimmons. No looking back.. Diesels crank when its coldand they don't go dead. No gas utv never never!!!!! Thosewere some pretty desperate justifications.Thanks, you made my day.Bordercollie