Leaky fuel cap

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I 've been having trouble with my fuel cap . Anyone else? When I took the RTV in for warranty work, They said the quick fix was to have 2washers in the fuel cap. Well , then I couldn't get it on. It still leaks. I removed one of the washers and at least after about 5 minutes I can get it on.. but it still leaks. I believe on of the problems is the flat places at 3 and 9 oclock on the fuel neck. My warranty expires in a little over a week and I would like to have this resolved. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks ,Bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I heard that it's a defect in the molding of the tank.

The neck/threads for the cap aren't exactly round.

Several have been replaced on warrantee. It's about $300 to get fixed if you're out of warrantee. Get it addressed now!!!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the response friends. I am much more impowered now that I know what's going on. My dealer hopefully will help me resolve this. He seemed not to know about this andsaid he sent an e mail to the factory this afternoon.I will keep you informed. Many Thanks for this forum and your help.Your Mississippi friend, Bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear!!

I wish I had done something about mine before my warrantee ran out.

I guess I'll just have to live with it leaking...

G

I did hear of someone who put an o-ring between the tank and cap that took care of the problem. No particular part number of anything, just trial and error.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I tried the extra gasket but the lid just wouldn't screw on easily.Still leaked.Even without the extra washer, It took forever to get the lid started.I had been carrying one of those rubber strap wrenches to tighten the cap with. Itwas so bad that I couldn't hardlystart even the new cap that they gave with the first fix.I really believe the fuel neck became warped. I am very pleased with the Kubota dealership for not giving me the run a round and I am also happy with the big Corp for standing behind their product.Happy Happy!! Thanks, Bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I tried the extra gasket but the lid just wouldn't screw on easily.Still leaked.Even without the extra washer, It took forever to get the lid started.I had been carrying one of those rubber strap wrenches to tighten the cap with. Itwas so bad that I couldn't hardlystart even the new cap that they gave with the first fix.I really believe the fuel neck became warped. I am very pleased with the Kubota dealership for not giving me the run a round and I am also happy with the big Corp for standing behind their product.Happy Happy!! Thanks, Bordercollie