2007 L48 vs. 2008 M59 Comparison

Dougster

Old Member
OK you all! I yield~~~ The fact remains that brochures are just that and tech manuals are written for an in depth verification of the facts!
My tractor came from South Korea. Unfortunately, so did the owner's manual and service manual. If you can translate either of them into almost semi-understandable English, you are Da Man!!! :mrgreen:

Dougster

SPYDERLK

I'll argue this point with you too,,,, MAhindra separates the 5.2 steering and the total flow listed at 17.. [[[The remotes and fel are getting 10.8 and ADD in the front half of the pump or steering and you get 17 TOTAL]]],, I had this argument with the VP of Mahindra in Tomball TX when I had a 4110. They are listing the front half and back half and using a total number and Mahindra isn't any better than other tractor mfg's that paly with numbers. It is all in HOW THEY play the numbers... Again there is a tremendous difference between one two stage pump and a two stage plus third pump.. You're talking day and night here.. BTW, the L 48 has a 5.2 steering, 11.8 main pump and an 8 gpm swing pump. (25 total of three).. The 110 Deere were very slighty lower, something like 23,6 or so total,.. THere was no way a 2000 model 4110 had a 11 gpm pump for fel and remotes,, IT was 7.4 if I remember,,, and this was from the VP,...

When I got my 7520 the hydraulics were slow and I had thots along that line. [[[That isnt the case tho - the delivery from the hyd stage is 17GPM when the system is right.]]] Mine had air leaks in the suction line. The 17gpm delivery is verified by loader speed of 5s to full height at hi idle.
larry​

Archdean

My tractor came from South Korea. Unfortunately, so did the owner's manual and service manual. If you can translate either of them into almost semi-understandable English, you are Da Man!!! :mrgreen:

Dougster

I should of said SHOP/Manufacture TECH /Parts MANUAL instead of just tech manual! No I can't translate Korean but like all manufactures there is a great more detail in what the Shop can see either in pubs or online then what you as a customer can ever hope to see!

I used to work in parts when I wasn't playing general flunky /selling, delivering, fixing, but my favorite job was loading and delivering to a customer like you and going through the "Here's How To"~~

Grandlakekubota001.jpg

I should of said SHOP/Manufacture TECH /Parts MANUAL instead of just tech manual! No I can't translate Korean but like all manufactures there is a great more detail in what the Shop can see either in pubs or online then what you as a customer can ever hope to see!

I used to work in parts when I wasn't playing general flunky /selling, delivering, fixing, but my favorite job was loading and delivering to a customer like you and going through the "Here's How To"~~

Grandlakekubota001.jpg
The main problem is that Doug wasn't paying attention when someone went thru the How to speach. He was mezmorised by the shiny new paint. :hide: :hide2: :yankchain:

Dougster

Old Member

That's a downright handsome looking tractor you posted there. What is it??? :confused:

The 4110 manuals aren't in Korean. They are in Engrish! :) Now can you help me??? :mrgreen:

http://engrish.com/

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Doug I have found your problem. You can't read. It's a McCormick. Or maybe you just can't see as well as the rest of us. After all you are an OLD Member.
Son of a gun! ;) That's why they pay you the big bucks and why I am applying for food stamps next month!

My bad for not looking closer. You need to understand that any tractor brand not sold within 200 miles of me is kinda off my radar screen. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Archdean

Too your credit your a good bunch!!:mrgreen:

Yes it's a McCormick originally International then McCormick/Case now wholly owned and distributed by McCormick GB (England) HQ'ed in Iowa!

After the delivery comes the Haul back (trade-ins)

This was a 70+ mile handfull!!

April15Cowboy005.jpg

Too your credit your a good bunch!!:mrgreen:

Yes it's a McCormick originally International then McCormick/Case now wholly owned and distributed by McCormick GB (England) HQ'ed in Iowa!

After the delivery comes the Haul back (trade-ins)

This was a 70+ mile handfull!!

April15Cowboy005.jpg

I guess. That looks like quite the load for a 1 ton. Don't care what make it is. :umbrella:

Archdean

"That looks like quite the load for a 1 ton. Don't care what make it is."

You are correct Sir!! And that Dodge/Cummings knew It but was all relatively flat terrain and on rural roads but even still I never felt good about going over 35MPH not to mention DOT would of had twin cows had they seen it! You will excuse me if I don't state the infractions here OK?

"That looks like quite the load for a 1 ton. Don't care what make it is."

You are correct Sir!! And that Dodge/Cummings knew It but was all relatively flat terrain and on rural roads but even still I never felt good about going over 35MPH not to mention DOT would of had twin cows had they seen it! You will excuse me if I don't state the infractions here OK?

Twin cows nothing. Those boys would have thought they hit the Mega Bucks if they saw you coming down the road! :thumb:

Archdean

Hey hey be nice. That beer keg happens to weigh in at about 500 lbs. It's full of lead.
That video is funny, and by the way I was wondering what had happened to cousin Steve. Well I guess I know where to send his mail now. :bangin:

I thought I was nice, I said might not was! ;) Glad you liked it and although we have very different sites we do have best of folks that belong to each and as time goes on I hope to see more of you visit TL ! You guys have a good comfortable mix and I enjoy the feed back!

Dean

Bindian

I promised to put together a "side-by-side comparison" of the 2007 L48 to the 2008 M59... the first one posted anywhere I believe... so here it is! :thumb: Enjoy!!! :)

Dougster
Dougster,
These side by side specs are nice and make great advertising fodder.:hangingclothes: But debating hydraulic pumps GPMs is useless unless you post the specs of the attachments said pumps power.:badidea: I rented a Kutoba L3400 or something like that number. The swing power of that thing was astonishing. :applause: It could move the spoils pile sideways with the bucket. My Bradco 511 on my 6520 can't do that.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster,
These side by side specs are nice and make great advertising fodder.:hangingclothes: But debating hydraulic pumps GPMs is useless unless you post the specs of the attachments said pumps power.:badidea: I rented a Kutoba L3400 or something like that number. The swing power of that thing was astonishing. :applause: It could move the spoils pile sideways with the bucket. My Bradco 511 on my 6520 can't do that.:eek:
hugs, Brandi
Well, I hope that last one is a slight overstatement, but your point is certainly valid. :) I don't mean to put down swing power at all... and I would certainly love to have more... but given the choice right now between more digging power and more swing power, I will take more digging power first for sure. In fact, I need more raw digging power or this little business of mine simply will not survive another season. Lack of swing power may cost me a little more job time occasionally, but it will not outright croak the business.

Dougster

Bindian

Well, I hope that last one is a slight overstatement, but your point is certainly valid. :) I don't mean to put down swing power at all... and I would certainly love to have more... but given the choice right now between more digging power and more swing power, I will take more digging power first for sure. In fact, I need more raw digging power or this little business of mine simply will not survive another season. Lack of swing power may cost me a little more job time occasionally, but it will not outright croak the business.

Dougster
Dougster,
My 511 can only move the top foot or so of the pile sideways. The Kubota I rented could push lower into the pile sideways and move it. Same thing with the Bobcat 331 mini-excuvator I rented. It didn't have much swing power either. But you are right. You can't get a stump out with swing power.:badidea::no::notthatway:
hugs, Brandi