TYM 353HST - mini review The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

fla45fan

Aha! Went to use the Red Bull the other day and the check engine light came on immediately and it wouldn't stay running for more than a second or two. DANG IT ALL! I'm gonna kick this bull in the ... hey, what did Rusty do? He tromped on the left brake pedals. Bingo! Started right up and kept running as long as I was stepping on the pedals. Off of them, check engine light and a stall. Stepped on the right pedal lightly, check engine light out and it runs. Off pedal, light is on. Hmmm. Ran it down the beach and up my neighbors yard to get to the road, right foot on the "gas", left feathering the right brake pedal. Alright! Got it to my yard and in the garage. Had to head out of town for a couple weeks, but I'm gonna get back and turn that bull into a steer if I have to.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
fla45fan - Are you in NY or FL this week? If you're in FL, keep your head down. This hurricane looks nasty and appears to be heading straight towards Melbourne.

fla45fan

Hey there, neither! In Arizona! Long story but I sold my house in Florida almost three years ago and moved back to Buffalo full time in February 2014. A couple of cold winters and my wife decided that we needed to be near her mom and sister in Tucson. That's not working out for her either, so we packed up our personal stuff and put the house up for rent. Back in Buffalo this week just in time for some snow flurries! Fire up the Red Bull and grab the snow shoes. At least I know the snow shoes will work.
Thanks for thinking of me!

fla45fan

Wow it's been 4 years! Well the Red Bull has been ticking along perfectly. Anytime I have had that check engine light come on all I had to do is ride the left brake pedals and it went off. Weird! It hasn't happened a lot once or twice a year, but the brake pedal trick worked.
Fast forward to today . . .
We have sold the family homestead and are moving back to Florida. This morning I sold the Bull to a neighbor, who is in the car business. Really nice guy too. I'm going to miss both the house and that tractor. I actually enjoyed working the beach and doing that snow moving!

Until we meet again . . .:17875:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome back but sorry to see you go. I was just on Lake Erie yesterday doing some walleye fishing.