XG-850 Sidekick Now On Kubota Website

seery

The owner of our Kubota dealership has spent some seat time in one and said it's every bit as tough as every other RTV in the line-up.

And that they've actually made a half dozen improvements in the structural integrity and drivetrain compared to any of the current models.

The nearly 1,800 pound dry weight for a gas engine machine is impressive.

Most machines in this category run ~1,250 pounds.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The owner of our Kubota dealership has spent some seat time in one and said it's every bit as tough as every other RTV in the line-up.

And that they've actually made a half dozen improvements in the structural integrity and drivetrain compared to any of the current models.

The nearly 1,800 pound dry weight for a gas engine machine is impressive.

Most machines in this category run ~1,250 pounds.

The Honda Pioneer 1000 Deluxe I just bought is at 1709 pounds. Maybe DK Vince will chime in with the weight of his RZR. I know they have sport ones that are close to the 1250 pounds but the true utility offerings do weigh more.

http://www.atv.com/specs/honda/utility-utv/2018/pioneer-1000-5/deluxe/detail.html

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
LENGTH (FT) 9.72
WIDTH (IN/MM) 63 / 1600.2
HEIGHT (IN/MM) 76.3 / 1938
WHEELBASE (IN/MM) 80.2 / 2037.1
TURNING RADIUS (FT) 13.8
GROUND CLEARANCE (IN/MM) 12.4 / 315
LENGTH (FT/FT) 9
LENGTH (FT/IN) 8.6
WET WEIGHT (LBS/KG) 1709 / 775.2
PAYLOAD CAPACITY (LBS/KGS) 1000 / 453.6
TOWING CAPACITY (LBS/KGS) 2000 / 907.2
FUEL CAPACITY (GAL/L) 7.9 / 29.9
FUEL CAPACITY RESERVE (GAL/L) 1.7 / 6.4
PERFORMANCE Standard

DK35vince

The Honda Pioneer 1000 Deluxe I just bought is at 1709 pounds. Maybe DK Vince will chime in with the weight of his RZR. I know they have sport ones that are close to the 1250 pounds but the true utility offerings do weigh more.
I think most sport side by sides are in the 1100-1400 pound range.
My RZR S 900 EPS (electronic power steering) weighs 1230 pounds dry weight.

https://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-s-900-eps-black-pearl/specs/

Last edited:

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My General 4 weighs 1857 with 100 hp. I think the kubota will be a heavy duty type with stiff suspension

ovrszd

The Honda Pioneer 1000 Deluxe I just bought is at 1709 pounds.

Doc, I'd be very interested in your views comparing your RTV to the Pioneer. When you've used it in varied situations doing similar work to what you've done with your RTVs please start a thread. Thanks!!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, I'd be very interested in your views comparing your RTV to the Pioneer. When you've used it in varied situations doing similar work to what you've done with your RTVs please start a thread. Thanks!!!
I did a little review on the pioneer, see it here:
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17551

I only have 52 miles on it but I am very favorably impressed. I will be happy to do a comparison later this year after we can do some work and use it in various situations. The Pioneer will climb the hills on my property that my RTV could not. The one with rocks jutting up through the surface. The Honda will get up more speed so it can power over the rocks. RTV has to be in L and cannot generate enough speed I'm guessing, plus it weighs more.
Pioneer talk forum ..hmmm you got me thinking. LOL

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Too bad we as RTV owners don't have a direct link to the Kubota Corp. Dealers are sometimes a link but I don't believe they have much influence in the design of these machines. They might go to roll-out conventions and technical conferences but it's all after-the-fact . Anyone get a follow up questionnaire from Kubota about how their RTV is running or if experiencing any problems? I don't know if this is the same about their mowers or tractor series. That's why it's so important to buy from a reliable (honest) dealership.

ovrszd

Too bad we as RTV owners don't have a direct link to the Kubota Corp. Dealers are sometimes a link but I don't believe they have much influence in the design of these machines. They might go to roll-out conventions and technical conferences but it's all after-the-fact . Anyone get a follow up questionnaire from Kubota about how their RTV is running or if experiencing any problems? I don't know if this is the same about their mowers or tractor series. That's why it's so important to buy from a reliable (honest) dealership.

I've bought two new Kubota tractors and have never been contacted by Corporate in regards to how the product is working.

I've been involved in the purchase of seven new JD road graders. Every time JD has contacted me to complete a customer satisfaction questionnaire. Every time I've listed a complaint the dealership we purchased from has contacted me about a possible solution.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter

When I bought my x1100 Kubota mailed a questionnaire that asked questions about the purchase experience, pre delivery ect, but also had questions about the machine and had a blank area to offer opinions or suggestions about the machine. If I remember right, I may have fudged a couple for the dealer :). I do not remember exactly what I wrote about the machine but I remember griping about the windshield wiper, shifter stiffness and having to slam the doors to shut them.
When I brought it in for a warranty repair I received another questionnaire from kubota concerning the service I received... I again fudged the survey in their favor, after they could not figure out what was wrong they were obligated to charge me for a hour of shop labor. I took it home and self diagnosed the problem, they ordered the part for me and gave me a in store credit for the hour they charged and apologized.

I worked for Trugreen as a mechanic years ago, and Toro sent a green engineer out with a prototype hydro walk behind mower (that never made it to market) for the guys to try out, we had to sign confidentiality statements. I dont know if he spoke spanish :D

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have received a questionnaire in mail after the purchase of my rtv 2 yrs ago and skid steer purchase last yr. I don’t remember any others from kubota tractors and lawn mowers purchased over the last 20 years

hondajoe

HONDA

Well DOC wish I would went Honda .IAM IN TO DEEP.Thought this would be a good crossover I was wrong.Love hate relationship.JOE

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well DOC wish I would went Honda .IAM IN TO DEEP.Thought this would be a good crossover I was wrong.Love hate relationship.JOE
You might be surprised, and not be in to deep. These RTV's have a great following, for a good reason. When I sold my 06 RTV 900 it took a couple months. But when one guy wanted to buy, I had four other contacts in line ready to buy, all in the same week.

The diesel engine and the hydraulic dump bed are a huge plus for the RTV. The Honda Pioneer has a dump bed but it is assisted. Would work for 80% of my dumping. Plus it has a small footprint and had two seats in the bed that fold up for use. Ideal for my needs. If unhappy with what you got sell or trade and get something that makes you smile. Life's to short. Good luck.

seery

I received follow-up customer questionnaires after the purchase of both the RTV900 and L48 TLB.