Any tip/tricks to replacing a neutral safety switch?

Meyerske

Looks like the neutral safety switch on my x1120d is just threaded in. Any surprises, or is it straightforward? Thanks.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
There are several posts on here about the RTV 900 neutral/safety switch. You can find them by doing a search at the top of the page. I will also look and see about posting a link from there to get you started. Hopefully , they are similar to yours. :) bordercollie

edit http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13174&highlight=neutral+safety+switch

quote from that link:

The safety switch looks easy to replace . If you look under the cargo bed about 6" from the back of the engine , you will see the shift mechanism . It looks like a can of biscuits - sort of anyway. It has an electrical line with a quick disconnect there. Mine is white. Just under the rubber coiled gear changer arm ,and coming from that plug in you will see what looks sort of like a spark plug that screws into the "can of biscuits" .This is the safety switch. It looks easy to change out to me . The part number appears to be K7561-6221-0. It has a gasket which is K7561-1341-0. Check with the parts guy, but I think these are the right numbers. I order my stuff from Messick's Equipment. They are on here a good bit and good folks. Good Luck, Bordercollie

Meyerske

Thanks. I had done a search on here and found those threads. Just wanting to know if it was as simple as unthreading the old switch and threading in the new. There's no fluid that will come squirting out or anything?

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
On the old 900's there are no springs that fly or fluids to come out and ruin you flooring there in the chicken house that has been converted to the RTV custom parking spot. The worst part is the shims that fit the old probably dont work the same on the new and you will have to figure out which new shims to use. As for me, I just shorted across the wiring as your research has probably found. Actually the poopies getting in and starting the machine and driving off became a reality the other day. There was no problem except the mail lady got in a drag race with them as she pulled away from our box and missed delivery to the two old ladies across the road....….Good luck.....Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Actually the poopies getting in and starting the machine and driving off became a reality the other day. There was no problem except the mail lady got in a drag race with them as she pulled away from our box and missed delivery to the two old ladies across the road....….Good luck.....Dennis

I had no problems changing out mine.. I always take pictures of things I do when I don't do it often and that sure helps when you have a lot of parts.
Gotta love those poopies Dennis ! (won't ever forget when that happened to me with - God bless and rest her sweet heart- Belle) They are a bright spot in our lives for sure. Did the mail lady win or the poopies ? ;) . haha

Last edited: