RTV 900 Floor Panel & Inner Fender Well

ossix

I recently bought a 2009 RTV 900. Probably paid too much for it but I've been looking at them for some time and finally pulled the trigger.

Cab, heat, hydraulics - everything works - which is great. I knew it had some rust issues so before mounting the plow I stripped the front end down to the frame to investigate. It wasn't terrible - not nearly as bad as I have seen elsewhere - and someone did a decent repair job some years ago.

However, the inner fender wells and floor pan need to be replaced.

Has anyone fabricated these parts for themselves? And if so would you be willing to fabricate another set? And ship them (if not within driving distance)? Of course I want to pay for them - we can negotiate a price. I am shocked Kubota doesn't sell them.

I am inclined to do it all myself, but I'd rather get this thing finished and put back together asap, and I know it's going to take me a long time (shop is full of other projects, it's cold out).

Thank you.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How bad is your floor pan? Can you cover it with a cow stall rubber mat to get you through the winter?

ossix

That is absolutely what I should have done. Too late now - the original pan is gone completely at this point.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a paper template of the floor panel. Would that help you if I mailed it to you? It's from a 2004 but I think it's the same.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I have a paper template of the floor panel. Would that help you if I mailed it to you? It's from a 2004 but I think it's the same.

This is a great offer. There's must be a sheet metal shop around that's could fabricate it from the print. It sounds like you can weld so installation should be pretty straight forward.

Shipping a floor, even if it is in pieces is still a bit of a bother.

ossix

bczoom - that would be a fantastic start to the project. At least a great incentive. I am happy to pay for shipping.

Alaskanassasin - The rubber mats were problematic. Apparently they trapped dirt, salt, sand & mud and if not cleaned properly it would eat the floor right out. Front mud flaps help, too. Seems to me the general consensus is to dump the mats and use linex or rhino for the inside floor, underside & wheel wells. I think cleaning the machine routinely - pressure washer even - would improve the longevity. I'm seeing hardly any rust on the frame, even under the floor, just the floor itself and the adjacent panels.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
bczoom - that would be a fantastic start to the project. At least a great incentive. I am happy to pay for shipping.
Please send me a private message your name and address ASAP as I'm going into town in a couple hours and can hit the post office. Otherwise, I won't be able to get it out until next Monday or Tuesday.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Some folks have been applying a coating of Fluid Film as a rust inhibibitor.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
ossix - Did you get the template and does it match your floor pattern?

ossix

Yes, I did bczoom. It looks to be a perfect fit. I have the diamond plate all ready to go - just waiting for some warmer weather to finish the sandblasting & painting.

Thank you again.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bump.

Ossix - Did you get your floor finished? Do you still have the template I sent? There's another member with the same issue and it would be great if you still had the template and can "mail it forward".

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry, I don't. Sent it to a member with hopes of getting it back but it didn't happen.
Not sure if a 2010 would be the same.

uncleDerek

Bump.

Ossix - Did you get your floor finished? Do you still have the template I sent? There's another member with the same issue and it would be great if you still had the template and can "mail it forward".
Hello,I was looking at these threads an got excited when I saw templates for a 04!!! Then I saw the year😓 this would have saved me a lot of time too! But anyway I have to do my frame first...its all apart now an after xmas,Xmas, welding time.
Btw merry xmas

Attachments

• 20221223_122947.jpg
    20221223_122947.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I can’t imagine how a small-claims-court will help a buyer recover money poorly-spent based upon a verbal comment by a seller, especially if the item was seen by the buyer prior to payment…and even if not, a buyer making payment based upon sales-comments verbally offered without prior inspection would have little basis, IMO.

Good luck tho’…

uncleDerek

I can’t imagine how a small-claims-court will help a buyer recover money poorly-spent based upon a verbal comment by a seller, especially if the item was seen by the buyer prior to payment…and even if not, a buyer making payment based upon sales-comments verbally offered without prior inspection would have little basis, IMO.

Good luck tho’…
Already filed,an I definitely talked to my attorney prior,I wasn't about to waste the filing fee money if I had no chance. There are so many laws protecting buyers from private sales that nobody even uses if necessary. Its the first time for me.an its a sure win on my end, for a few reasons,but I'm not going to get into it all here i never said anything was based on a verbal agreement either.,but mis-reoresenting a vehicle in itself is a big one. Stated,an sold as a 2011 when vehicle was a 2004.a buy is not expected or responsible to check on certain things,that being one of them...there are so many fair trade act laws its crazy.and my case as I was already told was simple just due to the year as I said,not to mention im only asking for a small amount of money returned to me.i could very well an will have the chance to get a full refund,which I'm not looking for at moment.its just too bad there are just lowlife people just out to take someone's money.
My money wasn't "poorly spent" it was spent to purchase a said 2011 rtv in a certain condition. Neither were true.
Bottom line an very simple if you talk to a attorney. There is no such thing as "sale final" or "as is as seen" that a 30 year old gimmick that means absolutely nothing legally .which was actually news to me when i.met my attorney. I always wrote that on my bill of sales.an I was always honest an upfront.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Uncle Derek, I agree with you, it's wise to hold your "cards "closely to your chest. As was said in the old days, "loose lips sink ships" . Best wishes.