Blocking rad

hondajoe

Has anyone blocked their rad for more heat in the winter.I just blocked mine off cant get above 135 degrees will plowing snow.Added heater so basicly added another rad will keep eye temp would like to see three bars X900.Joe

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i have an x1100C but it does have a factory heater and two radiators. i don't have any trouble keeping the operating temp up. the cooling fan still kicks on occasionally but my cold weather is rarely below 0. could the thermostat be opening prematurely? or could it be you have the hoses to the heater in a constant circulation??

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
come to think about it my 08 1100 only has one radiator and even with the heater running full blast the fan still cycles and the engine maintains operating temps. i would bet a wooden nickle that the heater is bypassing the thermostat.

hondajoe

Rad

Well your nickel is safe this kit does take the water before the stat.Where does Kubota grab there water for their heaters.It must be in the top hose after the stat because if it is in the block it would bypass stat also.It did go three bars after a hard load yesterday 170 degrees.A 125 degrees out the vents but it was 32 degrees outside.Joe

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Well your nickel is safe this kit does take the water before the stat.Where does Kubota grab there water for their heaters.It must be in the top hose after the stat because if it is in the block it would bypass stat also.It did go three bars after a hard load yesterday 170 degrees.A 125 degrees out the vents but it was 32 degrees outside.Joe

i don't know where they supply the water but if i get a chance tomorrow i will look. i haven't taken a temp at the register but i can do that too. my bota runs three bars when running in the field and two at idle. i rarely run the temp control above 1/4 cause it is to hot.

williemakit

Have you checked the temp control knob to make sure it is opening the supply valve to the heater fully. I can't say I have a heat problem, I have to turn mine down when plowing snow, it just about drives me out.

hondajoe

Heat control

Well I have no heat control only fan speed I am pretty sure both of you have a hard cab .I have a soft cab I can keep it about 60 degrees inside at 10 degrees out side.This is great to what iam used to a tractor with back blade.Iam getting older and the last year I looked like the Pillsbury doughboy when plowing.Dressed very heavy you get cold and you short cut things.So this is a big change.Joe

ovrszd

Unless worked heavily I would expect the cab heater core to maintain engine operating temp without the thermostat opening.