How to wire new light bar?

grayumw

Installing light bar on my new toy RTVX1100C and wondering how to use the existing factory wiring. Has 2 wires coming up out of roof and two inside at switch panel. I am confused. I should have purchased the complete wiring harness from SupreBrightLights

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
HI Grayumw and welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
I moved your post from the other thread to here so you will get a better response by other members.

I just did this. Used the wire on the drivers side and cut the factory plug off and used weather proof butt connectors. Got the factory switch. You can find my thread under my user name if you’d like pics. Not many of install but to get the gist

Brett

grayumw

I just ordered the wiring harness from SuperBrightLights for the lightbar. Just easier than trying to figure out the factory wiring, I received NO wiring diagram and can find none online. I talked to dealer I purchased from and he emailed me install directions for RTVX1100 however the directions are for some other application and do not include my model.
Frustrated :-(

I just ordered the wiring harness from SuperBrightLights for the lightbar. Just easier than trying to figure out the factory wiring, I received NO wiring diagram and can find none online. I talked to dealer I purchased from and he emailed me install directions for RTVX1100 however the directions are for some other application and do not include my model.
Frustrated :-(

It’s as simple as can be. Order the switch from kubota for the front work lights. Unscrew the panel where the windshield wiper switch is and pull it down. Inside there will be two square/rectangle plugs taped to a bundle of wires. I think it’s the blue plug for the front work lights but it’s can be trial and error. It’s a 50/50 shot of getting it on the first shot.

Next, pull off the cover on the front of the roof and expose the wires. Pull enough out that you can cut off the factory plug. Mount your light bar as you see fit and match up the positive to positive and negative to negative.

Resecure the cover and you’re in business. The separate wiring harness would be way way more complicated and not nearly as clean. This is about as easy as a project you can do from the wiring stand point. Like one wrench out of 10

Brett

CKing

You can easily overload the 15 amp breaker that runs the front and rear roof lights. I bet that super bright light harness is bigger than 15amp.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
It’s as simple as can be. Order the switch from kubota for the front work lights. Unscrew the panel where the windshield wiper switch is and pull it down. Inside there will be two square/rectangle plugs taped to a bundle of wires. I think it’s the blue plug for the front work lights but it’s can be trial and error. It’s a 50/50 shot of getting it on the first shot.

Next, pull off the cover on the front of the roof and expose the wires. Pull enough out that you can cut off the factory plug. Mount your light bar as you see fit and match up the positive to positive and negative to negative.

Resecure the cover and you’re in business. The separate wiring harness would be way way more complicated and not nearly as clean. This is about as easy as a project you can do from the wiring stand point. Like one wrench out of 10

Brett

That’s it! I put three of these on, https://www.speedtechlights.com/led...ine-floodlight-off-road-square-led-work-light Two in front and one in the rear. It’s all pre wired Factory plugs for switches are in the cab and Kubota sells the front and rear light switches that pop right in.

I put a 22 inch light bar and 2 side lights and one rear light (side and rear lights 4X4 inch) on my new X900. I ordered a wiring harness from amazon, about $13 Canadian and it was the best way to go. It has its own switch and 40 amp fuse link. It bolts directly to battery, i
I ran the harness under seat and mount switch beside the hyd lift lever. It took 20 minutes and its done. The added benefit is its on its own circuit and if I were to blow fuse I still have the original lights as back up.

grayumw

Brett

Thanks for the info....there is no power to either plug on mine..just 2 wires run from switch panel to roof. just not that easy. The factory harness does come with 40 amp and was very easy to connect.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Thanks for the info....there is no power to either plug on mine..just 2 wires run from switch panel to roof. just not that easy. The factory harness does come with 40 amp and was very easy to connect.

You didn’t have two 5pin disconnects in your overhead panel?

grayumw

You didn’t have two 5pin disconnects in your overhead panel?

Yes...there is 2 connectors with 5 pins and 2 sets of 2 wires each-these are the wires that are in the roof. I will see if I can load up the pictures
If I am understanding you the square 5 pin connectors are the ones I need to use? These are connected to the 2 wires in the roof?
Sorry for sounding like a ditz but wiring is not my thing. But I live many miles from anywhere and I need to figure this out.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
One of the five pin disconnects hooks to the front two overhead pig tails. And the other 5 pin goes to the rear single pig tail.
Kubota sells some switches that pop right in, light up and say “front” the other says “rear”, I think, my rear switch is on order but anyways plug those switches into the 5 pins and the over head lights work. The two pin disconnects I’m not sure but I think one runs a strobe

CKing

I posted the WSM PAGES for a RTV-X1100C, wiring do a search. Also somebody posted an ebay seller of the lighted switches. Factory wiring only gives you a 15 amp circuit. Many light bars will draw more than that. In that case buy a relay based wiring harness and use the factory wiring to trip the relay.
I'm thinking I may not put mine on the roof, my outside mirror mounts are getting knocked flat fairly often and I don't want to tear off roof lights. So I'm thinking of rear lights on the back window protector, and fronts mounted behind brush bars Comments?

Lights

Here is how I mounted front light bar and side lights. It works very well in that they are protected from tree branches and rain. As well they reflect enough light from the roof to light up dash and floor boards so it is not pitch black.
Glenn

Attachments

• IMG_1592.jpg
    IMG_1592.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 102

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Bumper mount on my 1100

Attachments

• F38A17E4-7F97-41FC-9580-AF54D0745F0B.jpg
    F38A17E4-7F97-41FC-9580-AF54D0745F0B.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 99

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
This is how I mounted my homemade led light bar. Separate line and fuse direct to battery.

Attachments

• IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 75