RTV 500 acceleration problem

DRGKY

Hello, I have an older (750 hr) rtv 500. Recently I've noticed that pressing the gas and the sound of the engine don't match the output from the machine.

Basically it sounds like it should be moveing faster or pulling better than it does. Tires are not spinning and are properly inflated. Air intakes recently blown out.

Any other info needed please let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What's your outside temperature?
Do you know if you have OEM filters and fluids or after-market? RTV's don't like after-market.

DRGKY

The temps have been between single digits and low 40s. I've noticed it more with snow on the ground.

I will check the fluids tonight. I hadn't in a few months.

I also noticed trying to climb a bit of a hill in low range today that something was slipping. The machine kind of jumped but the tires weren't spinning. It's like somthe was spInning inside.

Lee1935

with my X900 when the temp gets colder than 5 degrees I find that after starting I make sure the brake is on and then put it in drive, after 15-25 minutes it seems that the trany is ready to work. If yours sets out at night a canvas tarp over the engine does help ☺☺

shinnery

Since I have Just turned 77 last week, that is about double my minimum temperature for going outside, little on trying to start a RTV for anything.
Bryce

Lee1935

Since I have Just turned 77 last week, that is about double my minimum temperature for going outside, little on trying to start a RTV for anything.
Bryce

77?☺☺☺☺
I will be 83 in 11 days, In many ways I'm still as dumb as when I was a teenager, still like the snow and cool weather:tiphat:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Do these Kubota gassers have a spark arrester? If so, it could be clogged- The arrester on my leaf blower was clogged and no power- pulled that thing out and the screen was full of carbon. collie