ck30 overheat

James

Hello gentlemen. I just changed radiator fluid and tightened the alternator belt. Now, after 15mins use, it continues to heat up (shorter time if high rpm road travel). Have not let it overheat. Suggestions? TX James

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Was it overheating before the change? All I can add is make sure your drain isn't open and the correct coolant was used.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My Dad use to top off the radiator after changing with the cap off (cold engine running) so the air could work out of the engine. It is amazing how much air can be in there. Bordercollie

James

Thanks for response.....I am a shady tree mechanic (used to do so for a living) and am stumped. Change plenty of fluid in my time. I have a shop manual for it...it only shows draining radiator. No, no previous overheating. I filled to max, then started tractor, ran till fluid warm and starting to overflow neck. The overflow tank did empty some after first event. I think you may be correct...may have to find a way to burp this baby.

upsnick

Are you shure it will over heat????? my lk3054 runs up 3/4 on the gage but the thermastat opens then back doen to 1/2 on the gage. I only run Presssone at a 50/50 mix...........