Kubota RTV 900 transmission problem - hardley moves in gear!

dmatlock2

in order to access this shaft you need to take the rear axle assy out and remove the half shafts then remove the brake and output bearing holders from each side of the front gearcase trans axle remove the ring gear and diff case. then you can get to the splined coupling on the output shaft and inner bearing. if i am understanding you correctly

I will get a dental mirror and check them. Bearing face looks unharmed.

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_172832.jpg
    IMG_20200404_172832.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 82

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
you should be able to remove that valve block and pistons as an assembly. you shouldn't see any wear. that doesn't look good to me. you have to replace as an assembly. can't just replace worn pistons but i think you already know that.

dmatlock2

you should be able to remove that valve block and pistons as an assembly. you shouldn't see any wear. that doesn't look good to me. you have to replace as an assembly. can't just replace worn pistons but i think you already know that.

It's locked on the shaft as far as I know. It's why I asked about removing the shaft being press fit.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it has splines. look for a circlip? getting into the front case isn't hard just another step. look at the schematic on messiks

dmatlock2

it has splines. look for a circlip? getting into the front case isn't hard just another step. look at the schematic on messiks

I checked it, my hand will not fit in the fill hole. Unless there's an easier way than removing the whole assembly, that bearing is staying.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it is your decision. you may as well save your money on new parts and scrap it. again just my opinion. that crunching you experienced could be that bearing locking up. look at the scoring on the face???

dmatlock2

it is your decision. you may as well save your money on new parts and scrap it. again just my opinion. that crunching you experienced could be that bearing locking up. look at the scoring on the face???

I will get a dental mirror and give it a good once over. The bearing turns with no noise and no metal was seen during disassembly. I'm considering removing the brake and axle.

dmatlock2

I will get a dental mirror and give it a good once over. The bearing turns with no noise and no metal was seen during disassembly. I'm considering removing the brake and axle.

The pistons look flawless. I'm not going to remove it.

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Taking a look at the picture in post 401 and wondering ... do those "pistons" look slightly out of place? or is it just the camera angle?

dmatlock2

Still waiting for parts to arrive. So I decided to have some fun. I might have sanded a bit too far. The top is original back of the bearing ,bottom is from sanding.

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_140122.jpg
    IMG_20200411_140122.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 61