Have you driven more than one RTV? Did you notice any differences?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had only driven one RTV until recently when I bought an 09 1140. So now I've driven an 06 RTV 900 and the 09 RTV 1140. Both have a little over 800 hours on them.

Differences are the 09 has softer more comfortable seats, drives smoother, shifts easier and is quieter.

One difference that concerns me, when starting off in the 09 it revs a little before kicking into gear and start moving. The 06 starts right out as soon as I'm giving it gas.

Anyone else notice differences in different model years of the RTV's?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have an 08 1100 and a 14 X1100c. they both behave the same same when taking off. if i were you i would get the adjustment measurements and adjust the throttle and transmission linkages so they will be in sinc.

ovrszd

I have an 08 1100 and a 14 X1100c. they both behave the same same when taking off. if i were you i would get the adjustment measurements and adjust the throttle and transmission linkages so they will be in sinc.

Yep. Pretty simple adjustment explained in the manual I think. In the WSM for sure.

No harm in how it's working. Simply something you aren't used to.

Are you sitting farther from the engine which might e,plain quieter?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I drove the '05 900 till 4200 hrs and sold it and now the 2011 RTV 900xt currently at 3400 hrs. The differences I noticed are the driveshaft being one piece in the 2011 and much quieter. The 2011 has more torque and will go up inclines in H- I sure like that ! The contoured seats on the 2011 hold a bit of rain water. bordercollie

ovrszd

I drove the '05 900 till 4200 hrs and sold it and now the 2011 RTV 900xt currently at 3400 hrs. The differences I noticed are the driveshaft being one piece in the 2011 and much quieter. The 2011 has more torque and will go up inclines in H- I sure like that ! The contoured seats on the 2011 hold a bit of rain water. bordercollie

Sometimes it's the little things that most affect us. :)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I noticed that M would go up hills on the 1140 easier than the 900 would in M. H seems to have more spunk also.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Remember that the 1140 has the larger 24.5 hp D1105 engine, while the 900 has the 21.6 hp D902 engine.
Thank you ccmdvl1960. :tiphat: I knew the 1140 has the 24.5 hp engine and I thought that was the same as what is in the 900.