Tip for LA loaders

jwstewar

Staff member
Most folks have probably already figured this out, it took me awhile. I was kind of impressed with myself and thought I would share and see if anyone else does this.

When I would go to remove or install my loader on the tractor I would always just use the raise and lower to position the loader arms for pin alignment. The last 2 or 3 times, I started using the roll feature of the bucket. It moves the arms in slower amounts so that you don't have to finesse it so much to line the pins up. Not that it was ever really hard to align them, but this makes it even quicker and easier. When I take it off, I roll the bucket back all the way and set the loader to the ground. I then gradually "dump" the loader and the pins will free up instantly. When reinstalling, I "raise" the loader completely and then adjust the roll to align the bottom slots and then "lower" the loader. Finally adjust the roll of the bucket to install the top pins.

I have to admit, I only have a TC24 w/ the 12LA loader, but I believe my tip will work for any of the LA series of loaders.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Well Jim,
I've been doing the roll method for awhile now. Sorry I didn't mention it sooner.:tiphat: