5610 ford

chrisw.

i want to install a turbo on my 83 -5610 ford tractor,has anyone done this befor what do i need to do and where could i get the parts? exh valve springs pistons turbo and exh. manifold???

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
That might be a huge undertaking on that size of tractor. Did the factory offer a Turbo version of it?

MBDiagMan

E-5, US Army 1968 to 1971
Site Supporter
If you install a turbo and do nothing about the amount of fuel delivered, it will do nothing. Unlike a gas engine, the power generated by a diesel is determined STRICTLY by the amount of fuel injected. When more fuel IS injected, more air is needed to prevent engine damage. The turbo flow and fuel quantity must be worked out in order to gain more power AND proper engine life.

As Ohio asked, was there a turbo available for the same engine? If so, did the turbo engine have the same compression ratio as the normally aspirated engine.

If you can use a complete injection and turbo set up from an otherwise identical engine, then the calibration is already worked out. If NOT, then unless you have the proper instrumentation and experience, then you are likely going down a path that will lead to greatly shortened engine life.

My $0.02,