Hey Peanut Check out my crummy welding

vintovka

Had all the parts and crudely welded my RTV wood trailer together. Yeah need new tires but she rolls. All old parts including an early Model T axle. I'm as far from a certified welder/artist like peanut but nothings broke so far.

Attachments

• 02222012 001.jpg
    02222012 001.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 02222012 002.jpg
    02222012 002.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 02222012 003.jpg
    02222012 003.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 02222012 004.jpg
    02222012 004.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 02222012 005.jpg
    02222012 005.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 02222012 006.jpg
    02222012 006.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 02222012 009.jpg
    02222012 009.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 02222012 008.jpg
    02222012 008.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 169

urednecku

I'm not Peanut, but looks like a good job to me.

And best I can tell, looks like a lot of miles left on those tires.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
hey that looks great. i like the tilting bed too.them little short trailers are great for going through the woods.i made one a few years ago to pull behind my rhino and gator it was nice to pull through the woods because of it being so short i could turn reall sharp and get in between the trees on the trail..i didn't have sides on mine it was just a flatbed. but yours looks really good and yea it looks like you.ll be having that thing around for years to come. don't worry about bot being certified in welding that really don't matter as long as what you put down holds together and that little trailer looks like it could take a good beating and then some .

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
There are so many things wrong that I don't even know where to start.

You bent your tongue jack. Guess that one won't be getting installed.:pat:

Your left side bed light is pointing to the sky. Signaling ET? :blob_blue:

No lid on the coffee cup. It's filled with who-knows-what now since it's so close to the work area. :starbucks:

Your right-side bed rail is smashed on the rear side. You should fix that (or at least stop smashing that corner).:sad::eek:

Please tell me you didn't use your chainsaw in the house to remove that chunk of flooring that's in the RTV bed. :whistling:

You have a &&&&&&&&&&&& bumper sticker on your tailgate?:puke1::gay: (EDIT TO ADD: We don't even allow that other sites name to be mentioned here. The &&&&&&&&& was generated by the forum software, replacing the name).

OK, kidding aside. Looks like a job "well done"!

Please explain your safety chains. It looks like they're hanging/looped on the RTV side. If so, cool. If you're going to use a grab hook, you should cross them and/or make sure they're long enough to cover the sharpest turn.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice job. I could sure use a trailer like that. :clap: :clap: :clap:

As for the censoring of the TBN name, I had forgotten about that. :wall: That was long ago and I choose to move past all that. I have just modified the censorship settings on here so if you feel the need you can type tractorbynet any time you want and your text will not be censored. I hate censoring and see no reason to carry that practice on here.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Nice job. I could sure use a trailer like that. :clap: :clap: :clap:

As for the censoring of the TBN name, I had forgotten about that. :wall: That was long ago and I choose to move past all that. I have just modified the censorship settings on here so if you feel the need you can type tractorbynet any time you want and your text will not be censored. I hate censoring and see no reason to carry that practice on here.

Thank you, Doc. I've never felt like it was necessary either, and it has prevented a transfer of good information many times, especially on TBN.

Thanks again.

Fred

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Your Welcome GWB. I only wish I had done it sooner.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice work. But tell me about the Chevy 5-window p/u truck. Runs? What kinda condition?
I was eyeing da Cheby too. Looks good from what we can see. I'll guess it's a project truck in progress. What engine you got in that baby?

vintovka

Thanks All. I leave my cup to collect the little stubs of electrodes. They add so much to taste. All parts previously smashed trashed or rusted to reduce break in period. Bent trailer jack from dum-dum here forgetting to store it properly before moving another trailer. Was thinking about adding to this one but smashed to s--t.

Now the Cheby is a 5 window US AIR FORCE issue line truck Ive had for near 50 years. Found shipping stuff in it that its been to japan, korea, then sold at edwards AFB in 1965. Will be my last project. Currenty 4x4 350 offenhauser, 4 barrel, 400 at, MT headers you name it. It is haunted by my beloved UNCLE Chuck who watches over me. Want to get late model cummins turbo frame to put it on.

vintovka

Chains are remnant of its use as a trash basket used for recovering trash on hill sides, I shorten them for use when trailering. Was originally designed as a drag/skid but failed miserably and tossed out. Has forklift holes still visable.

Chains/ring is Still handy for towing out of ruff spots wth RTV or tractor. Not one of you remarked on my Pre 20's Model a axle. a gift from a friend who said he played on it when a child. He's nearing 70 now. FWIW can only weld with left hand and a ton of clamps.

The loose angle is now installed to brace fenders/steps if you were wondering.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea i was eye balling that nice truck too .man it would be nice to get a truck like that to fix up.

vintovka

It runs but poorly. It will live again hopefully as a diesel and plan to dump some serious $$ in it. Speaking of diesel, we managed to find (and buy) a new VW passat diesel. Very rare aand hard to get right now here in PRK. Supposed to get over 47mpG. Getting 39 around town right now so we'll see. Poor mans luxury car and NOT a hybrid.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know someone that has one of those VW's. Loves it. Getting 41 mpg.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
man get your hands on an old 12 valve cummins 5.9 and drop that in there .that thing would be a beast.there is a 24 valve cummins 4x4 on youtube that is running 9's at the track. that thing flys you would be amazed at how much a deisel will get up and go alot of people think that them big siesel truck are slow and smoky but little do they know just how much power and how fast them thing are.

vintovka

Like to get two and put one in the RTV for drag racing!!... No more gasolene engines for me. Besides any nice car nowadays uses premium which costs about the same as diesel in these parts. Tried the cart out. Tows well with the RTV and automatically dumps when hitch is released. Gotta watch out for that tongue! Where have i heard that before RAFLMAO!!!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
check out this cummins 4x4

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt8w3qlzZhs&feature=fvwrel[/ame]