Manufacturing Defect in Cub Yanmar SC2400 TL

richnchris

Manufacturing Defect Cub Yanmar SC2400

On 7-23-2011 I purchased a New Cub Yanmar SC 2400 TL. As soon as I got it home and began to work with the loader I noticed a problem. When the tractor was put under load the range selector would vibrate violently and jump from low range to high. Since I have had the tractor this has been a continual problem. The Dealer came and picked up the tractor October 3 of this month. He still has not been able to correct the problem even with working with the factory. In my discussions with the dealer I was informed that the jumping out of range problem has been noted before. I would be careful in buying this tractor as this problem may be an manufacturing defect for this tractor. I only hope I will get the tractor back before winter so I can install the plow. Winters can be severe in the hills of NY.

New 2012 Yanmar SC2450 TLB Brochure

Attachments

• EmerichSales-SC2450.jpg
    EmerichSales-SC2450.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 55
  • SC2450-Emerich-Yanmar.jpg
    SC2450-Emerich-Yanmar.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 55

richnchris

The Dealer has taken care of the problem. However the company had to send him a completely redesigned shift lever. The company increased the detent in the lever and put in a super strong spring to hold the lever in place. I have spoken with the company and they have acknowledged that there is a problem in this area of these tractors. I suggested to the company that they change the shift lever to a push button style as is used on many mower decks. This would lock the lever in place and you would still be able to shift on the go by simply pushing the button and moving from low to high. However what caused the problem is not clear in my discussions with the company

richnchris

SC 2400 TL

I now have my tractor back. The change in the shift lever has solved the problem. I must say the dealer and the company were very good to work with. In my discussion with the company and the dealer it was acknowledged that this problem does exist in these tractors. In most cases it is to a lesser degree than my tractor. My case was the most severe that the company had seen.

At first they had the dealer try a stronger spring. That didn't work. I think there were maybe one or two other fixes that did not fix the problem. Finally this last try solved the problem The company sent a redesigned shift lever and spring to the dealer that took care of the problem I can still shift on the go, but the shift lever now requires much more force to move between ranges. It was my choice to accept or reject the fix and I decided to accept the fix. One of the things that helped me with the decision was the way the company and the dealer treated me. They were very concerned and did all they could to help me. I would have to say that that company has great customer service. In fact I talked to the representatives of the company in Georgia and they appreciated my input and description of the problem as this would help them if it comes up again. The only question I have is what went on inside the transmission to cause this problem in the first place and will forcing the shift lever to stay in placed cause some problem later on in the transmission. Only time will tell

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats! It sure is nice to deal with a dealer and company who puts a true effort into taking care of you and the problem at hand. :tiphat: This is a huge part of the reason we tell newbies pick your tractor and your dealer wisely. That dealer will play a very important role in your overall ownership and hopefully when you need them they will be there to do what is called for.
Tranny problems normally show up right away if there is to be an issue. If you have no signs of something wrong I'd guess you'll be good to go with no worries. Good luck.