family addition

BobinNM

Well, we picked her up... our very own 3830 with an LA723 loader. Now I have no nore excuses...

By the way, if you're gonna carry something this heavy on your trailer, make sure the tires are in GREAT shape. Ended up loosing 3 of 5 on the trip and had to get a whole new set of rubber to finally get home.

P4171387640X480.jpg

P4181406640X480.jpg

P4181417640X180.jpg

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Fine looking rig there Bob , Thanks for sharing the pics . Bummer on the tire trouble on the trailer though :tiphat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats!! Very nice! You are simply going to love it. You look pretty darn comfortable in the seat already. Now begins your love affair with the front end loader. They are such a godsend. (If you've owned a tractor with a loader before then you already know all this).

What other implements do you have or plan to get? I bet a backhoe would look mighty nice hanging off the rear of that baby. :D :poke:

BobinNM

Backhoe is definitely on my Christmas list. We got this tractor for a little over $14K with 365hrs so I think it was an OK deal. It doesn't have rear remotes though. So I've been reading up about adding the option. You guys have great info here, thanks. Looks like I can add the dealer kit for about $1200 for two remotes. Question is, is it worth it? Should I add the remotes and get a BH that plugs in or get one with a PTO pump and reservior? Seems to me the remotes would be handy...Decisions, decisions...

BobinNM

Oh, implements...

we just picked up a bearcat chipper shredder for the PTO, looks like it'll work fine.

Most of our stuff was fitted to the old Ford 9N... couple plows, an old Woods brushhog, cultivator, rototiller (which was too big for the 9n, the 3830 should handle easily), 5' backblade, pto scoop...

That's what's so cool, all the stuff from the old tractor will work even better with the Kubota....now if i can just find the time to do all this stuff, I've got a 3 arce field to clear of brush this weekend and it snowed this morning... in New Mexico!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SNOWED?????? Crazy. You know it can't last at least.
You have a nice set of implements for sure. And the 3830 will handle them better than the 9N for sure. :thumb:
Paynes Forks has some nice clamp on forks that help extend what your FEL can carry. Come in very handy, depending on the type of stuff you are moving / clearing. I use them to help me move and position my implements around. I can place them in a spot and get them out when I need them that way. Less storage space. :D

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Nice!

That tractor is really sharp and a good buy from what I hear. You will just love that bucket level indicator too. You will just glide right where you want with it. Congratulations !! Bordercollie

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Nice find! I know you'll be happy with it over the 9N. On the backhoe, since it has its own controls, what you need for it is a power beyond kit instead of the normal remotes. the differences are that with remotes, you have to tie the valve open to use the backhoe, plus the valve represents a possible restriction to the hydraulic flow; and the power beyond provides hydraulics all the time, requiring a loop back hose when the backhoe (or splitter, etc) is not attached. In the long run both the power beyond circuit and the rear remotes have many uses, and are both desireable additions to your tractor.

Have fun using it, and be safe out there.

Fred

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Very nice rig ................ I think you was overloaded on that trailer ....... :eek:

BobinNM

Trailer

Nah, trailer is 7000 lb GVW, was fine for tractor, but tires were shot, the new ones are nice and it moves the tractor fine. NM UV is tough on rubber.

Worked the tractor this weekend... runs fine and I really like the HST! Stopped by the local tractor dealer and looked at implements. I see a post hole auger in our future, but first, gotta get some fork for brush!