RTV 1140 with a RTV 900 roof

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In 2013 I bought a used windshield and soft side cab for the RTV 900. It came with a black plastic roof since the guy was replacing his plastic roof with a metal one. I envisioned making a canopy roof for my tractor with it.

That never happened.

So, I put it on the RTV 1140 today. It covers the front seat, not the back. Could not fasten it down to the rear bar as the holes do not line up with the bar. I cut out the back to sit down better but it is still higher in the back than it should be. Oh well Can't beat the cost. Free is good, and making use of something just sitting around in the pole barn is a big plus to me. :D

You can see the previous owner had banged up the front passenger corner of the top. minor damage but makes it look crooked.

Attachments

• RTV_1140withRoof1.jpg
    RTV_1140withRoof1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 73
  • RTV_1140withRoof2.jpg
    RTV_1140withRoof2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 75
  • RTV_1140withRoof3.jpg
    RTV_1140withRoof3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 73

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Nice job Doc.....Really goes well with the golf course country club. Do the caddies want to borrow your outfit???

shinnery

Looks Good, and will probably keep an acorn or two off your head.
If he bent a plastic roof that much what was he going to do to the metal one?
Bryce

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It appears the roof had sit out in the sun for years on the previous RTV. It was faded and cracked in the rear bolt spot, and banged on the right front ....so I suppose he thought metal would hold up to the abuse better ...but that is a guess on my part. A little elbow grease and some vinyl restore stuff worked wonders on the roof. It looks darn good for how it started out.

It will keep the walnuts, buckeyes and acorns from falling on my head. This is a bumper crop for all of the nuts here on our place. :D

Yep, the caddies sure do Dennis ....but I am very stingy. No way Jose. LOL

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I wonder if a hair dryer would help straighten the roof out? ☺
I doubt it. I don't think hair dryers get near hot enough to be able to reform the thick plastic of that roof. I just plan to patch the cracks / breaks with gorilla glue and let that be it. Functional for what I want.