Oil field pipe value ?

Doubleh

Cowboy, I read this thread when originally posted. I'm surprised you haven't sold the pipe. It is high as a cat's back in price in this neck of the woods.

Sucker pipe? I spent most of my life as an oil field welder and never heard that. Sucker rod, yes. Tubing, yes. Guess it's an area thing.

As far as welding the plastic lined stuff, it's like welding galvanized, do it outside and stay up wind and you will be OK. Stick your head in the smoke for any length of time and you'll regret it.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Cowboy, I read this thread when originally posted. I'm surprised you haven't sold the pipe. It is high as a cat's back in price in this neck of the woods.

Sucker pipe? I spent most of my life as an oil field welder and never heard that. Sucker rod, yes. Tubing, yes. Guess it's an area thing.

As far as welding the plastic lined stuff, it's like welding galvanized, do it outside and stay up wind and you will be OK. Stick your head in the smoke for any length of time and you'll regret it.

Thanks Doubleh , I sold some of it but somebody else had posted an ad about the same time I did & offered to cut & deliver it for close to the same price , Both of which I wont do . Which turned out to be BS Unless they installed it . I just haven,t reposted it for sale since .

Yes I,m guessing the guy that posted the wanted ad was looking for sucker rod , Just didn,t know what it is called . So I,m pretty sure its the same thing any where & this is just drill pipe . Might be why he never replyed .

Been there done that with the galvinized years ago & if its anything like that I will surelly take your advice , It probablly made me sicker then I,ve ever been . So thanks for the heads up Much appreciated :respect: . Bob