LK 3054

Knards

just got my late father LK3054. seems like the clutch is slipping. I noticed the adjustment is all way out. it doesn't have a lot of hours on it, is this normal?
should I try adjusting it the other way or does these clutch go out premature? just seems odd to me that the clutch is already going out.

Rider7767

Site Supporter
just got my late father LK3054. seems like the clutch is slipping. I noticed the adjustment is all way out. it doesn't have a lot of hours on it, is this normal?
should I try adjusting it the other way or does these clutch go out premature? just seems odd to me that the clutch is already going out.

Clutches are funny things and are designed to be the weak link. Clutch wear is based on three things. Type of work, operating out of adjustment, and operator's habits.
A person who leaves their foot on the clutch all the time can wear one out in a few weeks under hard pulls. As the tractor bounces along, the weight of a foot can cause the clutch to slip a little causing un-needed wear.

Clutch free play should also be adjusted every 100 hours or so. Not doing so can cause the clutch to slip while in operation again causing un-needed wear. If the clutch is not adjusted to fully release, the the gears will grind causing damage.

Last but not least, working the tractor beyond its capacity or capability cause extra wear on the clutch.

One last thing. I have seen a tractor set for a long time causing rust on the flywheel. It will slip until the rust wears off, but this should only take a few times of use.

All the above is assuming the clutch linkage is not sticking or damaged. I had a big stump get under an old tractor while bush hogging and bend the linkage to the point the clutch started slipping.

I have attached adjustment instructions to another KIOTI tractor for reference. I hope this helps.

Sorry to hear about your father. Our prayers are with you

Attachments

• Section 03 Clutch.pdf
    108 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Rider7767

Site Supporter
Knards,
What is the outcome of the clutch? Is it out of adjustment or is the clutch bad? Just following up.