dk 55

jda1961

i bought a dk 55 in april of this year with a 155 loader, total cost was 27000 bucks. i've put 150 hard hours on it and have only a few issues with it. the 1st is that the PTO engagement is in my oppinion flawed. its electro-hydraulic, meaning push button. push the button and its on, instantly. pushing in the clutch does'nt disengage it either, that i think is a big flaw, put a big drive line shock to the impliment to be suddenly engaged like that, even at idle it still a big shock. 2nd the 4wheel drive button does always work properly when tractor is cold, seems i have to push button in and out a few times to get it to engage. the seat is'nt very comfortable, needs more padding, and last the furl inlet is to short, hard to put fuel in with a jug.
but the tractor is very strong, a lot quieter that a ford 3600, very capable tractor. i bought a super heavyduty rear blade for it last month, a 7 footer made by BIG OX, and it is an ox too. cuts through hard shale with ease, and the tractor pulls it just fine. i like my tractor,the shuttle shift trans is nice, power steering is strong, everything is well built except for the PTO ENGAGEMENT, i think you can't go wrong with one of these tractors.

Attachments

• 000_1013.jpg
    000_1013.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:

jda1961

1 more thing

the bucket is'nt deep enough either and it don't roll back far enough, here's a pic of the BIG OX blade i bought for it, cost 500 bucks, worth every penny.

Attachments

• 0830_DSC00902.jpg
    0830_DSC00902.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 0830_DSC00904.jpg
    0830_DSC00904.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 18

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome looking blade. That would dig in for sure. I have a whimpy KK 6' blade. It's good for snow duty but that's about it.

What is the PTO engagement issue and how did you get around it?

Forks will help your bucket seem deeper, since you'll be able to carry bigger stuff.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
jda1961,

Great picture but I did take the liberty to resize your first picture. Not every one has 24" monitor like me ............... :D

Thanks again!

BTW ............ looks like mine except fuel tank location.

jda1961

the issue i have with it is that its a push button engagement, and pushing in the clutch does'nt disengage it, there's nothing i can do about that, just live with it, and make sure the slip clutch on my impliments are working like they should. i guess its not a real big deal, i just like the old type, mechanical engagement.
and the blade weighs around 1500 pounds or more, guess thats why it goes through hard ground so easy.