removing rear sway bar

foxalaska

Care to indulge us ;-)?

Down hill side suspension fully compressed and up hill side fully extended greatly amplifies the overall tilt of the machine. Removal of the bar does allow more independent travel and somewhat better ride over flat rough terrain such as the infamous Alaska tundra "nigger head". Some folks remove the front torsion bar on their snowmachines to improve the ride but the machine is very "tippy" side hilling. The 1100c has a very high center of gravity and much worse when loaded. A rollover could easily happen. When we first started using air bag suspension on logging trucks we quickly learned how important a sway bar was. Let the bushings get a little worn and you would end up laying on your side. Hard on mirrors.

ovrszd

I'm not familiar with the RTV IFS.

I removed the rear swaybar from my Rhino after owning it six months. I was reluctant because of Fox's reasons above. Everyone online said it's an improvement. They were right. What little sidehill sag this created was greatly offset by allowing all four tires to stay firmly planted longer. Great improvement.

A coilover system acts differently than coil springs with separate shocks. And they act much, much differently than air suspension.

None of our offroad buggies run swaybars. Suspension systems vary from leaf spring, coil spring, air shocks. Air shocks have the most body roll but again stability is greatly improved by keeping tires on the ground.

Attachments

• 20170527_153741 (1280x720).jpg
    20170527_153741 (1280x720).jpg
    20 KB · Views: 53

foxalaska

I'm not familiar with the RTV IFS.

I removed the rear swaybar from my Rhino after owning it six months. I was reluctant because of Fox's reasons above. Everyone online said it's an improvement. They were right. What little sidehill sag this created was greatly offset by allowing all four tires to stay firmly planted longer. Great improvement.

A coilover system acts differently than coil springs with separate shocks. And they act much, much differently than air suspension.

None of our offroad buggies run swaybars. Suspension systems vary from leaf spring, coil spring, air shocks. Air shocks have the most body roll but again stability is greatly improved by keeping tires on the ground.

It's a matter of application. I don't want to experiment with such a modification side hilling three 55 gallon drums of fuel up the riverbank from my boat.

ovrszd

It's a matter of application. I don't want to experiment with such a modification side hilling three 55 gallon drums of fuel up the riverbank from my boat.

It's totally about application. Do what works for you. Never condemn what others do without fully understanding their application. :respect:

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I removed the sway bar on my rhino it a lower for an even smoother ride.and as for stability it helped out with that to.with sway bar on I would have 1 tire lift off the ground when going through uneven terain.now with it off the tires pretty much stay in contact with the ground .if I was you I would take it off and give it a try