The Day is Nearly Here!

Pompier

Some of you might remember me from a while back. I was trying to make a decision on what brand of tractor to buy when I retired. Well I retired. I'm in the process of building a toybox behind the house. I'd send pics but so far it is just a big muddy spot at the edge of the woods. And I'm still working on the tractor. I had kinda settled on a Kioti....and still like them....but have to face reality.

Reality is that I am a fat man and darn near 63 year old! A fella in the next hollow has a 2005 Kutota L5030HST that he needs to sell (needs a cab due to a medical condition), it has less than a 1000 hours on it too. Now if I would happen to outlast this machine I can always buy the Kioti. Right?

At any rate I plan to call him tonight and commit to buying the Kubota. I'm also getting a rough cut mower with it. Not the one I wanted but a lot of ppl told me to buy an old one to do the primary work and then get a new one. Besides that I'll still need the backhoe which should cost me ~$8500 installed.

Wish me luck! Be checkin back in more often now that I feel one of y'all!

Pompier

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations on your retirement and the L5030. My neighbor has one, uses it almost every day in his landscape business. I get to borrow it occasionally, it's a great tractor.

needs a cab due to a medical condition

I suffer from several medical problems too.

Think my Doctor would give me a prescription for a cab for my L3400 so the insurance company would pay for it? :yum::yum::yum:

A final note:

:nopics:

Pompier

Thanks for the well wishes Jim, they are much appreciated. I'll bet the guy I'm buying the tractor form never thought of getting a script for a new tractor. I'll check it out with him tonight!

Be Safe,
Bill

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats. Sounds like you found a nearly new one that will be a good fit for what you need. Awesome! Congrats on your retirement also. :dancing: :thewave:

Must be nice. :D :beer:

I look forward to pics of your tractor once you get er home.

Pompier

Thanks Doc! It has been a long and convoluted trail. I'm enjoying the heck out of retirement. Seems like six Saturdays and a Sunday in a row then we start all over again. Will be a couple of weeks before I get the tractor home, former owner has agreed to keep it for me until I return from vacation.

Be safe,
Pompier

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Vacation? When you retire you also get vacations? :confused: Now that is a gig I could handle!!! :yum: Have a good vacation. :thumb:

Pompier

Vacation

Hi Doc, glad to see you smiling voice. Long time no see! Yeh, this vacation has been planned for a couple of years. Cruisin out of Miami to check out the rain on the plains.

Thinkin' about one of those gunboat cruises off the cost of Somalia for next year! Gonna check out the prices when I get back. Hope to afford twin 50 calibers. :whistling:

Catch you later!

Pompier

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Make the most of your retirement vacation, it could be your last. My experience of retirement is that it has no vacations, time off, no week-ends, etc., etc. :whip::whip::whip:

Only kidding. If I'd have known that retirement was this much fun, I'd have done it years ago.

Congrats on the tractor. I have the L4740 which is basically the same tractor with fewer horses. It's a great machine although, like your neighbor, I opted for the cabbed version. Like him, I'm getting old and frail.

Post some pics when you get back and get it home. :clap::clap::clap:

Pompier

Thank you ETF! Maybe I better listen to the smarter half and book another while on this one! That should fix it.

Thanks for the congrats too! I dont' know how computer literate my neighbor is, but I intend to tell him about Net Tractor Talk. I think he would enjoy all y'all!

Be Safe! Cya when I get back!

Pompier

Here 'tiz

Here's a couple of pics. Sorry it took so long....bank lost a large check on me that was supposed to be paying our mortgage off. Think it is solved....at least I hope so. Tractor doesn't look like this right now.....took it down behind the house, where they're gonna build my bard, if it ever quits raining, and tried to hang it up. Man can that lil thing dig, claw, in 4WD! Just got a scraper box for it over the weekend. Can see already that life is gonna be a lot easier and the Tacoma is gonna get a well deserved break!!!

Attachments

• DSC03593.jpg
    DSC03593.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC03584.jpg
    DSC03584.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 74

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, that's pretty cool. Good looking kids too.

I like to see photos of tractors while they're all pretty and shiny but if they stay that way for too long, they're not being used enough. :)

I hope you enjoy it and yes, they do save an ol' man's back.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's a beauty. Looks like new. Congrats. You are gonna love it.
If you don't mind sharing how about some pics of the barn construction and more of your tractor working. We love pics.