need help please

dfdumass

hello, im new here, i own a 06-07 bx24 a great little machine but i have a problem i went to hook up my tiller this season and while attaching driveshaft i went to bump the pto to line up the splines but noticed shaft did not turn hmmm so i stopped what i was doing and tried engaging pto and still no movment started looking into it couldnt find anything so removed rear wheel to get at pto clutch lever thinking maybe linkage disconnected and found no linkage actually what i found confuses me to this day (all this time i thought when i was engaging pto clutch lever i was actuall engaging something mechanical) what i found was pto clutch lever is only opening and closing an electrical switch nothing mechanical going on so i guess my questions are does anyone know why pto stopped (it worked fine last time i used pto implement) also its a hst and from what im told all hyd, drive, pto connected and no probs with any of hyd or drive ........Sorry for rambling but im terrible at writing :>(

ANY helpful advice? sarcassmm even anybody ever heard of this?

i have posted this same question to a few forums even emailed kubota today

talked to kubota dealer mech, he had never heard of sutch a thing and insisted lever is connected to linkage????

again anything?????/

urednecku

1st, welcome to the forum.
2nd, I am not a mechanic, nor do I know anything about that machine, but you say the lever works an electrical switch. I think I would start with is there electric coming into, then out of the switch? IF you are lucky, might be just a blown fuse.

Hopefully somebody with more experience on that machine will be by shortly with better suggestions.
Good luck!

dfdumass

thanks for response yes i have tested switch as far as my elect knowledge, thanks again im really hoping another bx owner has knowledge of how the pto works :>)

or has heard of this happening

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
thanks for response yes i have tested switch as far as my elect knowledge, thanks again im really hoping another bx owner has knowledge of how the pto works :>)

or has heard of this happening

I don't have this tractor, but just wanted to add that Messick's Equipment http://www.messicks.com/KubotaTractorParts.aspx has parts diagrams on their site. Just type in model # etc and in comes in your email real fast. That way, you can see the layout. collie

OldMasterTech

Does your model use an over-ride switch under the seat? I always end up with rags and junk under my seat preventing the switch's operation.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
I think the switch is probably the interlock switch to prevent starting if the pto is engaged. As far as I know, the lever actually controls the pto mechanically. I don't think the BX series has electrohydraulic pto engagement.

dfdumass

thank yuo guys for reply, yes i have checked all switches n they seem to be working correctly

i have a nice service manual but having trouble deciphering how or what(electriclly) actually engages pto just not understanding it lol

these are diagrams im working with again thanks guys! i have posted this question on 2 other forums and have yet to get a response on those posts you guys rock! :>)

Attachments

• pto1.jpg
    pto1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 52
  • pto2.jpg
    pto2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 51
  • pto3.jpg
    pto3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 51
  • pto4.jpg
    pto4.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 51

dfdumass

green, yes this switch part function is to prevent tractor from starting when engaged , but believe me no linkage i have had lever off tractor it is a long steel arm bolted to side of case with a small tang on it to operate switch and a spring to hold it against spring but no linkage

BaiJiu

I had that happen to my L 4400 last winter and it turned out to be the switch under the seat, a little wd-40 and it's been fine since.

dfdumass

Thanks for response BaiJiu
switch seems to be functioning fine but what the hell im grabbing my wd now gonna go out and give it a little spray, couldnt hurt right :>)

BaiJiu

Yeah mine seemed to be working fine as well, I screwed with it for a couple of hours thinking that the switch was functioning, then I finally checked it again and noticed it wasn't quite where it should have been sitting, must have been a little moisture on the cam.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Df, I am sure this is a long shot but thought I would mention it. I just did a thread on how our JD pto switch quit working and I took it apart and cleaned it up..and it started working . The light on the console came on but the pto did not. Anyway, took the switch apart and carefully cleaned it (springs in there) works great now. The switch could have dust, moisture or stubbornness in there where the rockers make contact.. I wish I could see this linkage you speak of... following link is about my switch fix.. Good Luck though . collie http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15523&highlight=switch

dfdumass

thanks bordercollie, at this point there is no longshots lol seen your switch in other post looks nothing like this one iremoved rear wheel again today to see about removing switch to take abetter look will try to get pics if camera works
at my wits end just trying to figure out how opening this switch makes pto engage looking at schematics it looks like just an operator presence and kill switch for ignition

but i will keep trying i really need my tiller workiing this spring :>)