Counterfeit Super UDT!

MessickFarmEqu

Super Moderator
This was posted on our internal Kubota website. Good information for everyone.

Recently, a dealer reported that a sales person had sold him some “Super UDT” made by Royal Manufacturing. The packaging had both the “Kubota” name and “Super-UDT” on the label. We sent the manufacturer a request to discontinue marketing products under our trademarks, and they quickly agreed to do so. We also sent a sample of their product to Kubota Japan and to an Oil testing laboratory in the U.S. to see if the product was indeed similar to Super-UDT.
It was not. Instead, it was very similar to regular UDT. Since this discovery, we have requested that XXX provide us with the names of any customers who bought this misrepresented product so we can notify them individually of the test results. So far, XXX have not complied.

Super-UDT is a premium lubricant compared to UDT or other universal hydraulic and transmission fluid. Somehow, it has gotten the reputation as a cold-weather product, but it is much more than that. Super-UDT reduces gear wear, chatter, and brake squawk. Of course, it is also provides better performance in operating conditions with extreme hot and cold temperatures.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
WOW! Big news. Thanks for sharing Neil. :thumb:

I'm sold on Super UDT. Awesome product. It costs more, but you get what you pay for.

I'm within 50 hours of needing to change my Super UDT fluid. Would you mind posting how much the Super UDT is running a gallon Neil? I have a Grand L 3010 ...I have not looked in the manual (no comments please) but think I'll be needed 8 or 10 gallons to do the change.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, I'm about to service Beth's BX.

I'll make you a good deal on the used UDT if you're interested. :poke::hide2:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Neil, thanks for the warning!

I've always bought my fluids and filters from a neighbor of yours in VA, Jeff Browning.

Jim

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm within 50 hours of needing to change my Super UDT fluid. Would you mind posting how much the Super UDT is running a gallon Neil?
Start saving now...

It's about $100 for a 5-gallon bucket.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, slimeballs. Anything for a buck.

If you compare the cost to some of the premium synthetic oils it's really not that bad. Royal Purple and Amsoil are both 7 or more per quart. That would equate to $28 per gallon or $140 for 5 gallons. Super UDT is a bargain at $110. :D :thumb:

Thanks Neil.

jlrsn

I just changed the SUDT Hydraulic Oil and Hydraulic Filters on my Kubota L39 TLB, all purchased from Messicks.
Jim

e_glaude

I recently changed Hydraulic oil in my ZD18 with the regular UDT oil as recommended in the manual. My Kubota dealer didn't believe that for my ZTR, given the home use only, that it was worth spending more.
Does the Super UDT make that much of a difference? If so I'll probably go the season and change out in the winter.
Any thoughts?
BTW - I used 15W-40 synthetic for motor oil in my mower. Any thoughts about using other grades?
Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can you give us a ballpark where you live as temps are a consideration.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For your weather, I'd say your use of UDT and heavier oil is right.

15W-40 around here is like molasses 1/2 the year.

e_glaude

Thanks bczoom, I know what you mean. I live in upstate NY for many years.

BTW, what is the difference with Super UDT?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks bczoom, I know what you mean. I live in upstate NY for many years.

BTW, what is the difference with Super UDT?
I was born and raised in the snow-belt south of Buffalo.

Without all the technical mumbo-jumbo, the way I best understand it is that Super UDT is multi-viscosity compared to straight UDT which is a straight viscosity. Basically, it's like SAE 10W-30 vs. SAE 30 oil. The Super UDT works better in the cold climates.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good question e-glaude.

I 'thought' the difference was that Super UDT was synthetic and UDT was not. :confused:

urednecku

I sent an e-mail to my dealer, & just got this.

Still doesn't really tell me the difference.........except about $7.00 per gallon from this dealer!

Attachments

• Kubota+Super+UDT+Fluid+Ver+2.pdf
    56.8 KB · Views: 28

1kubota

Thanks for the reply. Sure hope I got the Authentic oil. 1st time owner of a Kubota, bought everything at the dealer. Just purchased a BX2230, 477 hrs. Fel and 54" deck. So far I've moved 18 yds. black dirt and about 4 yds gravel. It does one heck of a job for no bigger it is. Still haven't found out for sure what year it is. I was told these were built 2004-2006. I can't desyfer from the model or serial numbers. I assume the code is in there?????
Larry