B-7800 Remote Hydraulics

L

Loner16

I've wanted remote hydraulics on my B-7800 for a long time, to power a hydro top link, a possible log splitter, a chipper, and anything else I could possibly dream up.
When I started this project, I didn't know the first thing about hydraulics. I had zero experience with it, unless one could occasional Porta Power use experience. But, I did alot of reading on the subject as it pertains to tractors. I'm no expert, but i learned alot through this project.
I liked the way the original Kubota system mounted the control valve, but I didn't like the way it clamped to the ROPS, and the way it protruded to the outside seemingly more than necessary. I also like to use existing holes wherever possible, so I made my own mount for the Cross AD two spool control valve I purchased..
So here's the mount I fabricated, all drilled for the Cross AD valve..

And painted Kubota ROPS grey...

What I'll merely call "the clamp" custom made from 6061 aluminum to support the offset quick copulers, and prevent them from unscrewing due to vibration.. Three 10-24 SS socket head cap screws provide the grip on the Snap-Tite couplers...

The Cross AD valve painted ROPS grey, plumbed and mocked up. A few fittings were subsequently changed for the final installation..

The new hose connected to the hydraulic block for the Front End Loader..

The routing of hoses up to the valve, and a view of the "tee" to the tank..

L

Loner16

Part 2

The final installation of the mounting plate and the valve. After the hundreds of hours I spent studying, measuring, gathering parts and fittings, and assembly, it all went together in less than an hour. Seemed almost anticlimactic... Seems like after all that time, it should have taken me longer...

And finall, the view from the front with the new and lengthened aluminum levers. The Cross valve came with steel levers that were quite short. I made these out of 6061 a little longer for finer feathering...

So, all in all, I'm very happy with how it turned out... The levers fall in a comfortable position by my right arm without any intrusion on my shoulder area.. I can feather the controls well, and everything is pretty well bullet proof1

I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome project loaner16. Reps for you.

Give credit where credit is due, the 100+ hours you spent planning this project is why it went so smoothly. Nice job. Kinda reminds me of the saying "Funny, but the harder I work the luckier I get". IOW Hard work pays off.
Nice Job. :tiphat: :applause: :applause:

logan

are you saying that on a stock B7800 you cannot hook up a log splitter or chipper without this device ? forgive my ignorance.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Loner, I guess I missed this the first time around. That is an awesome job. Thanks for posting the pictures too.