MF50 new wiring harness, no diagram

chuck

Hi, I bought a wiring harness for my MF50 and it does not seem to match what is now on the tractor. It is supposed to fit the MH/MF50, MF65, and F40. I have the MF50 Operators Manual, the Service Manual, Parts book and IT Manual, and of course the harness is mentioned but not covered. The Parts book has illustrations, but the new harness is just different enough that I am not sure which wire is which. Anybody got suggestions? I sent an email to Walt's where I got it but they don't open till Monday. I would love to try and get finished Sunday. I've got ripping, plowing, and tilling to get done to for July planting of some of the crops for my Fall market garden.

Chuck near Austin, Texas

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
I helped a customer last summer while I was working at a dealer, they had a Ford that had burned and were trying to get back together. The parts book showed only a generic diagram, there were actually several different wiring harnesses listed depending on serial number and installed options. The diagram was quite misleading for the particular variation the customer had, and we ordered the wrong harness the first time. Second time was the charm, got the right one.

In the case of the MF50, looking at the online parts book (http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/EpsilonWeb/login.aspx?region=NorthAmerica, click on Guest), there are two listed - one for gas or LPG, and a different one for Diesel. I would suggest working with your dealer to get a part number, then see if you can find that specific number. Does the service manual show a wiring diagram?

Good luck in your search.

Fred