Lets have a fish fry!

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
<p style="text-align: center;" class="MsoNormal" align="center"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;"><span style="font-size: 13.5pt; font-weight: bold;">This is a new record Northern Pike in Upstate New York . He caught it <font color="blue"><span style="color: blue;"></span></font>in Schroon Lake .
Check this thing out.. The man (in the photos below), was fishing and caught a 36" Pike.</span></span>
<span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="font-size: 13.5pt;"> <span style="font-weight: bold;">
As he was reeling it in, a 56" - 55lbs Pike tried to eat it !!!!!</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold;">
He landed them both in the same net. The last picture is unbelievable.</span>
</span></span> </p>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;">
</span></span></p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Thought I'd share this with ya'll.... thisman, who lives down the road, stuck this alligator gar withbow&arrow. He killed this gar May 26...</p>

Went for 210 lbs >>> 8 foot / 5 inches long >>>>>>> this is our fresh-water fish, southern style !!!!</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
we fish for gar fish with just a piece of old frayed up ole rope. you put that on the end of your line and throw it out there with sometimes nuthin on it at all and sometimes a piece of fish in it and the gar will bite it after he bites it you just keep a bind on him and that cotton rope will keep satyed all tangled up in their milleons of teeth and they as good as hooked on a fishing hook.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Alligator gar, I believeis the real reason why Hurcules Powder Company made dynamite !!!!! ( that's what the coonass tooth fairy told us when we were kids ) ~~~~</p>

......... find me a place where there is much alligator gar, and I'll show you a man who knows how to chunksome sticks>>>> </p>

Youcanbring that to the bank !!!!</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Now those are some kind of fish!! I'm hungry even for some gar balls!! What I would really like are some buffalo ribs though.... I haven't had any in 20 yrs so memory probably makes them better. Fried just right with a big spoonful of homemade potato salad and some hushpupppies fried sort of like hot water cornbread....ohh those were the days.. with all the relatives gathered around........under the big oak trees.....mosquitoes and insects buzzing..............Bordercollie..</p>

Muleman,</p>

I would agree that is some Northern Pike but I saw some guys circulating that picture at the donut shop. They swear it was caught in Rainy Lake in Canada. Whereever it was caught it's a great story! As with a lot of photos of trophy bucks and turkeys there might be some truth in each story but not all of the truth in each story.</p>

Deerlope

My son does a lot of fishing here in NY. the biggest pike he has gotten is 36". I sent him pics of this one. Schroon lake is only about 80 miles from us.</p>