Lousiana guys in the Yukon?

Onfoot

Saw three Harley's passing through town today, all with Lousiana license plates. Didn't get a chance to speak with them, but presume they had come the entire route on their bikes. Certainly they were carrying enough gear! No sign of crawdads or swamp mud, mind you. But wanted to let Tommy know that some of his compatriates seem able to cope with our mild temperatures. They probably thought it was winter, but otherwise seemed to be having a good time!</p>

</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
you don't have to worry about Tommy coming up there. The RCMP have him on their list of "terrain terrorists" for tearing up farmers fields! They will grab him at the border unless he crawls inside a gator to sneak in.</p>

Interesting...must be a bunch a dem swamp bikers lookin for some relief from the southern heat. There were 4 hogs at the local gas station with 2 Louisiana and 2 Arkansas plates. Said they were headin fer Newfoundland, but when they left they took the TransCanada heading west. Maybe they were planin on takin the NorthWest Passage scenic route.</p>

Amazing how many 'older gents' you see out there riding those big cruisers nowadays.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
the cool air ain't to cool when you got a 1100cc heater between yo legs man that would be a dream come true to get on a bike and go across country. my buddy wants me to go to sturgis with him but man i just can't take the vibration of a harley i have been lookin at them v-stars something like a 900cc maybe.</p>

Onfoot

[quote user="tommy 20/69"]</p>

man i just can't take the vibration of a harley</p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Yeah--the ground did vibrate when they rode by. Expect there was china rattling in the cupboards of nearby homes. :)</p>

One of my neighbours has a 900 VStar. Georgeous machine. If I was in the market for a sicle, that would be on my short list for sure. Another one has a Harley road king. Nice machine but other than the exclusiveness of it being a HOG, I think I'd prefer to be riding a nipper if I was a couple thousand miles from home and nothing but sky on the horizon. Trouble is the missus would insist that one or more of my botas would need to be sacrificed to get one. And having owned a liquid cooled Magna V30about 25 years ago, kind of got the bike fever out of my system. Nothing like feeling that back wheel slipping on pebbles as you round a nice S curve to get you thinkin that wheels on all four corners might be the way to go. Have to let my Mustang ragtop satify my need for excitement nowadays.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Two Guns just forwarded me a picture he snapped of Tommy during his last motorcycle ride.</p>

He obviously enjoyed it. Look at the big smile and wind-blown hair.</p>

Scroll down...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

.</p>

</p>

</p>

She didn't look that bad..........WOW.............that is more than windswept.......Tommy must be smoking that cane field..........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i juss ain't gott nuthin to say but !!DAMN!!! i got to take a day or two leave of action to come up with a comeback on the picture .lmao. all jokes aside it does look like a old guy i knew and i mean alot like him poor old guy he was a verdin from down the bayou.</p>