Merry Christmas

Dougster

Old Member
So did you buy a large lump of coal or a small lump?:poke:
hugs, Brandi
Not being the Junkster and not having more money than God... it is a relatively small lump I'm afraid. :eek:

And you need not talk to me about kids not taking care of car maintenance. :( Christmas was kinda spoiled for us here when the transmission gave out in my older daughter's 2000ish Honda Accord on Christmas morning. Early estimates look like $2,500 (parts & labor) for a used "no warranty" transmission... :eek: ...far more for a 3-year warrantied rebuilt. :( And that doesn't include all the towing and temporary car rental fees. :eek:

Guess whose pocket a huge chunk of that is gonna end up coming out of. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Bindian

Not being the Junkster and not having more money than God... it is a relatively small lump I'm afraid. :eek:

And you need not talk to me about kids not taking care of car maintenance. :( Christmas was kinda spoiled for us here when the transmission gave out in my older daughter's 2000ish Honda Accord on Christmas morning. Early estimates look like $2,500 (parts & labor) for a used "no warranty" transmission... :eek: ...far more for a 3-year warrantied rebuilt. :( And that doesn't include all the towing and temporary car rental fees. :eek:

Guess whose pocket a huge chunk of that is gonna end up coming out of. :rolleyes:

Dougster
Dougster,
Some times it just isn't worth it to keep it.:sad: Rebecca's Xmission was gonna be 2900 dollars. That was the only reason we traded when we did. I hate Japanese cars and their high cost of tranny rebuilds.
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster,
Some times it just isn't worth it to keep it.:sad: Rebecca's Xmission was gonna be 2900 dollars. That was the only reason we traded when we did. I hate Japanese cars and their high cost of tranny rebuilds.
hugs, Brandi
Oh, I hear you loud and clear. But she just bought a condo last summer and her budget is extremely tight. No money at all right now for a new car (or "new-to-her" used car either). When she bought the condo, I warned her: That Honda Accord has got to last 2 to 3 more years or else.

Now we must deal with the "or else"! I am praying it is a sensor or other external failure... but we must be prepared for the worst, 'cause that's probably what they're gonna find. :(

Dougster

Bindian

Oh, I hear you loud and clear. But she just bought a condo last summer and her budget is extremely tight. No money at all right now for a new car (or "new-to-her" used car either). When she bought the condo, I warned her: That Honda Accord has got to last 2 to 3 more years or else.

Now we must deal with the "or else"! I am praying it is a sensor or other external failure... but we must be prepared for the worst, 'cause that's probably what they're gonna find. :(

Dougster
Dougster,
Just give her the Vette.:applause:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, Just give her the Vette.:applause:
hugs, Brandi
The poor Vette has not been out of its garage bay all year... :eek: ...not one tenth of a mile driven in all of 2007. Not even for its annual state inspection sticker... which I blew off to save a few bucks. :(

Dougster

Bindian

The poor Vette has not been out of its garage bay all year... :eek: ...not one tenth of a mile driven in all of 2007. Not even for its annual state inspection sticker... which I blew off to save a few bucks. :(

Dougster
Dougster,
Just think how much more room you will have for that JD 110.:brows::rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster,
Just think how much more room you will have for that JD 110.:brows::rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi
Even if I managed to pull off the purchase of a slightly used JD 110 this spring, it is too tall to store in the garage unless the garage doors are replaced with taller ones. So the Vette will continue to sit there gathering dust... while the JD 110 stays hidden from the neighbors and cops in the back yard. :eek:

Dougster