Replacing power steering hoses on 2004 rtv 900

warvin

Hi all need some help. My power steering hoses on my 04 rtv 900 are leaking and need to be replaced so I ordered new ones from dealer and one is wrong. In the meantime my farm "mechanic" starting attempting to take off the old ones and said he needed to remove the hard top and the dash. I do not think he needs to do that and he says he cannot remove the dash panel, cant figure out how to do that. Any suggestions on replacing the power steering hoses easily?
Thanks for any input

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Do you still have your owners manual? On page G-33 of a later model manual, it shows the power steering hoses going up under the dash to the base of the steering wheel. Remind him that the power steering oil is Kubota sudt for the RTVs.
If you go to the messicks eqpt site, you can enter your information and get a diagram of areas you need to access. Page G-33 though has a diagram in my book . bordercollie

edit: added pics for reference. please delete if not allowed.

Attachments

• KIMG0345.jpg
    KIMG0345.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 45
  • KIMG0346.jpg
    KIMG0346.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 42
  • KIMG0347.jpg
    KIMG0347.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i haven't done this but just guessing that it might be easier to remove the steering unit as a whole and then attach the hoses and reattach the whole unit.

warvin

Thanks for the input I have a service manual on a cd and it is showing taking off the entire rops which is a hard top with glass window the front dash the seat the dash the steering wheel the entire front plastic the seat belts the back of seat the floor board I was thinking surely there is an easier way lol my guy can take it off but I am worried he cannot get it back on with all the parts