low budget leaf vac

mla2ofus

Built this up last summer. It works great on all the leaves.
Mike

Attachments

• weight (Small).jpg
    weight (Small).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 392

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice! Is the blower and a couple other parts from some other mfgr's blower setup?

I had a vacuum setup on my last garden tractor (a Simplicity)

After switching to a ZTR, I now have to use a tow-behind.

-kTGaSVBwMY4JzufY6nvDmLYumYE1HdhhAEdNgB5JDz1UvRO4XktxojVUkoCvgwMSy20zyVZT5kuYVr9QWh-f43G2jrK4Tlv-BNZEAMTd2hnkIAaTQEcksmUcxi99BYxZl5Wf19Lsu3yDwoI2w

My mowing technique makes it so I grind up the leaves so much that I can do a couple acres of leaves and only fill the catcher about 5 or 6 times.

mla2ofus

The blower is a 5 HP chipper/shredder but it creates enough draft it works good as a fan and chops the leaves even finer. I had to take the grate bar out as it reduced the draft too much. TSC wanted $1200 for the same thing. I paid $75 for the chipper and $ 128 for the hose, everything else I had available. Got a lot of hours into it, but being retired I don't count them. I just thought I can build the same thing for a whole lot less.
One thing I have found out is I can't chip limbs and send them thru the discharge hose. Punches holes in the hose so I just remove the hose, open the tail gate on the tlr and blow them in the tlr.

Mike

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like it would sure make short work of the leaves. :thumb:

I used to have to deal with tons of leaves. That was years ago. Now I barely have any to deal with and I have 40+ acres of trees. :D

buildertech

nice job..i want one of those,i have build a homemade tractor last winter from autoparts and a 1957 wisconsin engine,would lve to post pics...jus have to figre out how.

LincTex

I don't like how the engine muffler/exhaust is blowing directly at where you sit... I would have to move that!