Build Your Own Foam Marker

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I found information on another site on how to build your own foam marker. Thanks to Pine Ridge for the info. (I googled build your own foam marker). Anyway, I have about everything gathered up and may try to get started on building it today. I first have to finish replacing the magnitron on the sprayer engine.Hopefully that will fix that. If this works, it will be a real time and money saver. I have the 12 v air pump, air stone,check valve, line fittings, 5 gallon fuel can for the soap/water reservoir and a pex connector and those lines, so I can run the foam on/off from the seat of the Kioti . I plan to borrow a sprinkler head for the dispenser from the garden stuff. I will let ya'll know how it works. Thanks again to Pine Ridge. Bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
foamer head

Here's a couple of pictures of the roughed in foamer head. The foamer solution is 6 oz per 5 gallons of water . I should be able to cut the unit on and off from the seat and drop blobs of foam so I will keep in line. More pictures later Bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF2107.JPG
    DSCF2107.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCF2112.JPG
    DSCF2112.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCF2111.JPG
    DSCF2111.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 347

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pine Ridge, now there's a name I had not heard in a long time. Good guy. Is he active where you found his post or is it an old one?
Mind telling a city boy what the heck the foam marker is used for. I'm lost. :yum:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mind telling a city boy what the heck the foam marker is used for. I'm lost. :yum:
I'll let bordercollie give the details.

What works well for us that only need it once in awhile and can mark with our hand is shaving cream. You can buy big spray cans of it at the dollar store. They go a long way.

BTW, kids love playing with the stuff as well. In the summer, get them down to their swim suits and give them each a can. They'll put it all over themselves and each other. Really funny stuff.

Pine Ridge, now there's a name I had not heard in a long time. Good guy. Is he active where you found his post or is it an old one?
I'm with you, someone has way too much free time on their hands. :yankchain:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Doc!! I googled "build your own foam marker" and ran across the post, I believe it was from 2006. I will use it to drop foamy blobs here and there to mark my place as I spray, or even put out fertilizer.It will save $$ because as I had been spraying I would line up on the far fence posts, I would say to border collie Belle who rode the RTV sprayer with me, "was it that fence post or the other fence post, that I need to line up on" and then I , I mean she would be wrong so I would have the wrong alignment and have double coverage in some cases and no coverage in another. I am glad to have this set up- Belle wants to ride the tractor with me though, I got to figure the safe room for her some how............Thanks, bordercollie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhhh, that makes very good sense. Thanks for the explanation. :thumb:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Broadcast Spraying Finished

Well, I am finally through spraying. This is after over 6000 gallons of water/chemical mix. I've added 34 hrs to the Kioti DK40 and loved every one of them. Here is a picture of the foam blobs from the homemade marker. The blobs can be made bigger just by adjusting the air pressure and using a cut off/on lever for a longer time period. It rally saved a lot of time/chemicals knowing where I had been and where the right path was. Gee, I think I will miss spraying, but will find a lot of other projects. Bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF2124.JPG
    DSCF2124.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 295

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
PS. For as much time as you're probably going to be on the tractor, have you considered a canopy to keep the sun off of you?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yes Bczoom and I got one from the dealer. It is diamond plate with an insulator backing. I didn't like the looks at first- sort of small or undersized maybe. But, It is very durable as I have already been under a lot of limbs.I remember the dealer calling it an aardvark or something like that. He charged me $350 for it all put on . We all should be wary of over exposure to the sun. My Grandpa died from skin cancer and I know my Dad had a lot of "em" removed from his welding exposure and they just kept coming until Parkinson's got him. And, my eye doctor also said everyone should wear good uv sunglasses to reduce cateracts in our later years. Anyway, I will try to post a picture of the canopy later so ya'll can check it out. Thank You! Bordercollie