Locking Fuel Caps

xPosTech

I would imagine you could take it in to any auto parts store and find one that will do the job. I would try NAPA first unless you know of another that has sales people old enough to know what to look for without a part number.

Ted

mobilus

Hey, Brandi...

Down in your neck of the woods, they'd just cut a fuel line and let it drain out into a jug anyway. But I guess they wouldn't know just how much they might get out of the tank, huh?

They used to say that theives wouldn't take anything they had to work at getting, but that seems to be changing. Just today I was talking to a fellow about the air conditioner copper lines going to building...they're being ripped out, doing a few thousand dollars damage for $50 from the scrap man.

Let us know what you figure out, it has crossed my mind once or twice. Typically at the fuel pump.

Bindian

I would imagine you could take it in to any auto parts store and find one that will do the job. I would try NAPA first unless you know of another that has sales people old enough to know what to look for without a part number.

Ted
Ted,
The threads are about the size of a 4 inch PVC pipe cap. Don't think anything at NAPA will work. I am just parking the Big RED Beast at my neighbors when I leave the house for any length of time. This will be once a week for all work week.
hugs, Brandi

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Brandi...

Down in your neck of the woods, they'd just cut a fuel line and let it drain out into a jug anyway. But I guess they wouldn't know just how much they might get out of the tank, huh?

The latest plan around here is to just punch a hole in the bottom of the tank.

No fires yet but just a matter of time :pat:

xPosTech

Hmmm . . . wonder how a fence charger would work? Depending on how they grabbed it they might not be able to let go so you stand a pretty good chance of burning them up with the tractor.

I've lost several 2 and 5 gallon containers in the past from the front of the house. I then left one out with a gallon of water and a gallon of gas on top. That one never disappeared, but I told neighbors about it. Didn't lose one for a year or two then lost another one 6 or 8 months ago. I keep a close eye on them now.

I've also thought about leaving one out with sugared gas in it without mentioning it to anyone. I have a good idea who's doing it but just can't catch'em at it.

Ted

urednecku

I was talking to a trucker, he lived in a trailer park & had to leave his rig parked on the main road. He kept loosing fuel out of his refer unit. One trip he emptied it, & put in a few gallons of gasoline. Said there was an explosion in the park that night (it was winter). Never lost any more diesel after that.