RTV900 trailer fitment

mkc1962

I posted an original thread some time back wanting to know about removing a rops in order to make a RTVX900 fit inside an enclosed trailer. I did find out that in fact the ROPS is quite removable with just a few bolts, but did not want to do it unless I absolutely had to.

www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17711&page=2

I did in fact buy a new 900 about 3 weeks ago. So far what little I've used it, enjoy everything aside from the sudden kiss the dash situation of stopping. I plan to deal with the static breaking/coast valve situation soon.

picture.php

The trailer I had purchased earlier this year, I had to have built to certain specs to meet certain situations I needed it to meet. All that posed a bit of a problem with getting a 900 inside, mainly on height. But, am happy to announce thanks to lots of input and ideas, it is possible to squeeze an egg into a pop bottle.

6x12 enclosed trailer 81" overall interior height (max DOT height for a 6x12)

The door is 63"w x 75" tall

The rtv is 63.2"W x 79" tall

As for the width, ramp and door cables were plenty wide, the fenders give enough to cover the .2"

I lowered the shock preload to bottom which got me 1". Let 1/2 of the air out of the tires but due to stiff sidewalls only got me another 1.5". The rest was done by lightly compressing the shocks with ties down straps. Ramp slope geometry also played into the situation, making the opening actually around 76" by time the ROPS area need to clear.

picture.php

Even though I bought this thing for later use, and will mostly be stored for a while, I do want to get it out from time to time to run it. It is doable but quite a chore. Ive ordered a set of 22" tires, that will allow me to get it in an out without any of the mentioned strapping. Will store the original set for that day when trailer storing it is no longer a desire.

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
WOW, that is tight but glad to see/hear you got it to fit!

OK, once you drive it in there, how do you get out of the seat? Looks like the rear ROPS screen is still in place (at least in the first pic).

mkc1962

I'm an avg size fellow and with it in, I still have about 6" to slip around the DS front fender. With it in I still have about 4' of trailer nose to walk around in.

Yes entire as it came is in there, due to the daylight the pic wouldn't pick up the interior. I did think about removing the rops screen, but was able to get out front ok.