LS Tractors USA - J2030H

bonefish101

Hi all, rookie here. Still researching my first machine, drooling over orange and green & yellow but my pockets are too deep and my arms too short...
Has anyone had any experience with LS Tractors? I would definately be interested to hear your opinions and if anyone can give me an idea of price with a FEL that would be real helpul too.:tiphat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LS is a Korean made tractor. I think the Montana is the made at the same place.

I hear they are the new kids on the block and a force to be recon'd with.

What HP / size / model are you interested in? With that info we might be able to come up with a price for the tractor loader combo.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think LS has been the supplier to several retail brands sold here including some of the models sold by Mahindra, Farmtrac, Montana as Doc said, and I think a couple of others.

It is pretty recent that LS decided to sell directly under their own name. You might want to research and see if that model you are considering has been here for a while under some other trademark. It is my impression that the quality is first rate while in the past, the dealers selling LS-sourced tractors have tended to be the smaller outlets. Farmtrac is gone, and I'm not sure about Montana.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like it's around 16k. The picture has it with a loader / HST etc but the spec sheet did not list the loader. :confused:

See for yourself here: http://www.montanatractorsutah.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=171935&pov=1543973

If that price does not include a FEL, I'll guess that 3k extra will get the FEL installed to come with the tractor. That is based on when I bought mine, and that was a few years ago....but with LS being a bit cheaper for now, I'm betting I'm in the ballpark.

bonefish101

Thats a little more expensive than I had anticipated...does it have major benefits over a JD 2305 that make it that much more expensive?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know of any benefits over JD with this one. Do you have a dealer close by? If possible try to sit in the seats of all the models you are considering. Talk it up with the dealer. Whatever brand you buy, you'll want a good relationship with the dealer servicing that brand. It makes life so much easier. Price is important, and dealer is just as important as the brand you choose.
Shop around and sit in a few seats. Some will feel better than others, and some dealers will seem better than others. I know it takes time but it sure is worth it. Please note, I got this same advice via the internet when I was ready to buy. It was the best advice I've gotten on tractor buying, so I'm passing it along whenever the opportunity comes up. Happy tractor shopping! :tiphat: :D

8x56mn

Have you looked at TYM? I bought mine, a 30 hp with loader for 14,000. So far it's been a great tractor.