Hydraulic fluids for RTV 900

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
there are other fluids that meet Kubota standards but it has been proven over and over that the RTV really needs "Super" UDT

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have used sudt2 since 2005 in my first rtv. Never had transmission problems in the 7,900 hours of total use including my 2011 900xt. I have JD hygard by the buckets here at the barn and so it would be free to me courtesy of bil, but I buy the Kubota sudt2. Once the Kubota desk guy was out of sudt2 and sold me some gold bond... ooooouuu , I was sooo sorry. Got it out faster than it could foam a second time.Cost me though.. more filters and the good stuff- sudt2- in a change of just a few hours. bordercollie .
I have been tempted to use the quality JD hygard but it just isn't worth the risk of slowing down the transmission- Sudt2 is good stuff. I have used the jd in the front knuckle cases...

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This has been a topic several times over the years.......SUPER UDT 2.....not just super udt…..Just like Border Collie talks about and solidly advises.....IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE....

I have an ENGINEER neighbor. Yes, that kind that knows all. He never admitted it but he admired my RTV for several years and one day, he showed up with one....One complaint with it though, he had just done a fluid change with comparable spec fluids; but he saved money by using "name brand fluids of great specs...…..; but he couldn't go up the main hill to my place in H like I could. We talked about the Super UDT2 difference a bit and went our way. For one of the first times ever, a few weeks later, he showed up at my place talking about how he had just made it up the hill in H...….On his test drive after changing to SUPER UDT2 ……..It works......EVEN IN THE TRACTOR....It makes a difference