RTV900 won't idle, runs above idle and stalls at idle

Lee1935

No one has touched the idle or low limit screw. It was running perfectly for an hour or so. I parked it and shut it off. Ten minutes later, I went to start it and it wouldn't unless I held the accelerator pedal down.

I do not have a tach on it. When I try to keep the pedal depressed enough to keep the engine from stalling, the engine rpms seem too high to get it into gear without grinding.

I guess I can pull it onto the trailer and take it to the dealer. It might be the easier thing to do.

Take it to a dealer sounds like a darn good idea☺grinding when putting in gear? there's nothing in the transmission that if everything was normal would make a grinding noise ( I don't think ) but I ain't no expert on nothing☺☺

ovrszd

In my experience, only grinding is if machine is rolling and you try to shift.

I think Arthur is on the right track. I am hoping for a simple fix.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
might check the linkages on the tranny for stuck or seized pins and pivot points,bent rods etc. another maybe would be that spring loaded dampner thingy that KTC put on the HTC throttle return linkage that is supposed to prevent sudden stops. if that thing isn't working properly and returning to zero it might put a slight load on the hydraulic system??? "maybe"