Pictures Post Them Here!

seery

>This is a test...Start...3...2...1...Finish<

Pics seem to be posting correctly for me.

Attachments

• 02 Cain 9-26-2016 .jpg
    02 Cain 9-26-2016 .jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 141

v10rick

Site Supporter
Fortunately I located a forester who cut and removed just the Ash Trees.
The mill credit was just enough to cover the logging charge.

Now I am dealing with the tops.

An improved shot of the chipper, a Vermeer BC1000XL. An abused machine formerly owned by an OH power company.
Looks OK from a distance, chips as it should.

Attachments

• Chipper.pdf
    159.1 KB · Views: 42

v10rick

Site Supporter
I was wondering if you bought that or rented it.... what a beast! Looks clean from here! Have fun!

This is my toy. The reason for purchasing...received a quote for chipping and clearing ash tree remnants, the estimate exceeded the price of this machine.

BTW this is the metro DC area where services can be priced twice what it costs elsewhere.

It may take a season or two to get it 100% done, but when finished I can sell the machine, make a small profit.

A side bonus is the exercise.:hangingclothes:

VK3UTE

New RTV owner

G'day. Thought I would share a few pics of our new toy and introduce myself as this is my first post on the forum! I have been enjoying reading through the posts over the last few weeks. Thanks to all for the great information.
Cheers Simon.

Attachments

• 20180629_153418.jpg
    20180629_153418.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20180629_153430.jpg
    20180629_153430.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 20180629_153442.jpg
    20180629_153442.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 89

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
G'day. Thought I would share a few pics of our new toy and introduce myself as this is my first post on the forum! I have been enjoying reading through the posts over the last few weeks. Thanks to all for the great information.
Cheers Simon.

Vk3ute de k4rel k. :yum:

Welcome to the Forum!

Jim

VK3UTE

Thanks Mr Pawpaw and QSL Jim.
We have a small hosre property so she is mainly used for feeding out and general maintenance duties. I have been getting carried away with accessories i really don't need but what the heck, it's such a cool thing. And the heater is so good. Been quite cold down here by our standards.
__... ...__

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Bud.....that's southern USA dialect for friend...……..Glad to have you here and that surely is a fine looking beasty you have there. ……….How legal is it there to drive on the roads over to a neighbor or into town...…….God bless.....Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome VK3UTE !! You will love your new buddy. It will quickly become your best hired hand. :) :) :) bordercollie

v10rick

Site Supporter
Cheers Simon.

Welcome VK3UTE de W3DIY
Any ham gear planned for the RTV?

VK3UTE

Thanks for the kind words Dennis. Can be driven on our roads with registration but i have no plans for this as its $600+ per year... We have been sneaking around our local roads as it's fairly quiet where we are. My neighbor has a 500 and 900 rtv so there is often orange machinery running around.
As for ham gear, just a UHF CB and a 2m handheld at this stage. I will post a few pics of the UHF install.
Cheers Simon