2012 RTV 1100 for $2000

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So ...I wrote and asked what the real price is as that had to be a typeo. The lady replies and says it's her daughters and gave me her email address.

here is what follows:

11:29 AM (6 hours ago)
Nice looking RTV. Please let me know how long you have had it and how much you are selling it for.

Patricia Ware
Attachments12:41 PM (5 hours ago)

to me
Hello, thank you for your interest in my 2012 Kubota RTV 1100 It has 778 hours. Tires is new.
It is equipped with the factory cab, Hydraulic tilt bed, A/C that blows ice cold, a heater that will run you out of the cab on the coldest day, Warn winch, high rise intake (keeps filter cleaner longer), two outside mirrors, tinted windows, strobe light, front L.E.D. lights, rear work light, rear window guard, full turn signal and hazard light kit, two sets of tires and wheels (one for hard surfaces and one for all terrain), Rhino lined bed and has just been serviced by local Kubota dealer. The all terrain tires are brand new with zero miles on them.
My asking price is $2,000. Probably it deserves more, but I just finished the divorce, and I own the rtv. I don't ask to much for it since I need to sell it fast....I have some financial problems. I'm trying to close this deal through eBay due my work. The deal includes free delivery since I have a voucher and can ship anywhere in US.
If you're interested to purchase just email me your full name, shipping address and phone#, so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
Bellow I attached some pics so you can see how clean is it.

Thank you

---my reply:

Greg Perr <dothq2@gmail.com>
6:13 PM (12 minutes ago)

to Patricia
I will take it. I can pick it up tomorrow. I am just a few hours from Cincinnati. You do know it is worth a good bit more book value.

-----

So, any bets on whether or not I get an email back. I'm guessing it's a scammer and they do not want someone to pick it up, so they'll say it's sold or not reply at all. but if it's no the up and up I might get a RTV 1100 for a steal. I would honestly give her more. but .....this is one of those that fall in the "to good to be true" category

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Her reply:

The Kubota is already sealed in a warehouse in Bismarck,ND and ready to be delivered to the new owner address. You'll have 5 days to inspect the RTV, and the option to accept or refuse it on my expense (if you decide to refuse the RTV, they will ship it back at warehouse on my expense) but I'm sure it will not be the case, the RTV is in perfect condition, has been maintained very well.
It will come along with all documents, signed owner title (notarized signatures) and the notarized Bill of Sale, so you can easily transfer the registration on your name without any issue. The RTV will be at your address in 2-3 days, depends on your location.
To initiate the transaction reply with your full name and delivery address including phone number and I will forward your info to eBay and they will contact you with all details about everything included payment deposit.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

----
I sent her my name address and phone number.
What would you do?

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Of course it's a scam. If you're trying to sell an RTV, why would you seal it up in a warehouse? And something tells me English is not their first language.

ovrszd

I used to "play" with these ads. After awhile I got bored with them and just ignore them. The longest run was 5 days.

You gotta learn to play "dumb" to keep it going.

I have read stories on websites of people who actually sent money thinking they were getting a deal too good to be true. And they were......

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Its only in North Dakota?

I pursued an ebay offer that would have been local, they told me the tractor had been relocated to Portugal after they put it on ebay.

Hurry and pay now, delivery in under 5 weeks. :yum:

True story!

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
The goofy titles and unreasonable prices are obvious giveaways.

Here are a couple more:

The CL ad including text is a jpeg. (So the text isn't searchable).

The photo just doesn't look right. Too green in tone, or maybe the greenery or terrain doesn't match the season / claimed location.

Contact is shown in the ad, its an email. These are *always* fraudulent.

Try a Google search on that make/year/model. The same ad will pop up all over the country.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good detective work CA. I did not know all that but know to good to be true is 99.9% fraud ..probably 100% for me ...but I'll say some folks do find GREAT legitimate deals.

My neighbor got scammed on an almost identical sounding add off of ebay except it was for a John Deere tractor. He wanted to pick it up but the individual told him it was already packed for shipping and that he was a Westinghouse engineer working out of the country. He sent him $10,000 and of course never received the tractor.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My neighbor got scammed on an almost identical sounding add off of ebay except it was for a John Deere tractor. He wanted to pick it up but the individual told him it was already packed for shipping and that he was a Westinghouse engineer working out of the country. He sent him $10,000 and of course never received the tractor.
I was trying to figure out how the scam worked as I got an email that appeared to be from ebay saying you can only pay with ebay gift cards that can be bought at various retail stores ...and that the purchase was guaranteed.
I can see how one can be easily fooled by these.

here is the email from ebay inc

eBay Buyer Protection - Order ID# 436-7238-09011

Thank you for shopping on eBay! Your total amount due is $2,000.00. More details about your purchase are included below.

Item Title
Estimated delivery
Quantity

Insurance
2012 Kubota Rtv 1100 3 days
Free Shipping & Handling 1 Yes

Deposit:
$2,000.00
Remaining balance:
$0.00

Total:
$2,000.00
Seller
Name:
Patricia Ware
Address:
3116 5th St
City:
West Fargo
State/Zipcode:
ND 58078
United States

9305376036285154 How to make the payment:
7821621448030794 Payment must be submitted via eBay Gift Cards.
8964125757075204 Through eBay Gift Cards services we can guarantee you 100% protection and insurance in this transaction. eBay will secure the payment until the buyer receives, inspects and accepts the item. Or, if it will be the case, eBay will refund the payment to the buyer.

445198029498913 eBay Gift Cards needs to be completed in person with cash at any CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, Dollar General, Hy Vee, Walgreens, Kroger, Safeway and some of the most popular retailers nationwide ( see eBay Gift Cards retailer stores down the page).

You can add only up to $500.00 onto a ” eBay Gift Card”. For your purchase you need to buy as many eBay Gift Cards as you need in order to complete the total price of the item (For example: For a payment of $2,000.00 you need to buy 4 x ” eBay Gift Cards” vouchers of $500.00 each).

In order to avoid any mistakes please be careful to buy the eBay Gift Cards (see example below).

You can purchase the eBay Gift Cards from different retailer stores.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Digging a little further I see the email was from:

eBay Inc <OrderID436-7238-09011@financier.com>

And they put the ebay logo all over the email. It sure did look legit.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
It sounds like hypothetically you get the gift cards and notify "her" you have them. She asks for the codes to them in prepayment of RTV. (She would do this via email not via eBay which would protect your purchase). You give her gift card numbers she drains them and you never see the bota. Gift card people don't care, eBay wasn't involved in actual transaction so they can't help. Same thing with people asking for money orders ect.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This is a great post Doc. It will save a lot of folks who read it, from being scammed.
I once received a similar offer from an "engineer" when I was looking for a tractor. I saw it on CL. :tiphat: collie

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
... some folks do find GREAT legitimate deals.
Once in a great while. I recently paid $25 total for both these welders, both work flawless.

I think the old guy just bought them to tinker with them. The mig180 had a new 10 ft stinger (gun/cable) added and some other improvements that Youtube posters are describing for these welders. The Tig welder has some $100 of additional cables, tips etc. I did some online research and calculated over $900 new price for everything.

He provided the original receipt for one, and he had described his mods in online posts, so I'm convinced he was the legitimate owner. He said he was moving to a retirement community where he couldn't set up all the toys from his garage workshop, had to have stuff gone by weekend. He should have listed on CL to reach a wide audience but he listed only in an obscure ForSale forum of a website where nobody saw his ad over a couple of weeks.

I'll never find another deal like this!

My photo is posted 'elsewhere', let's see if linking makes it visible here:
(Here's the URL if this photo isn't visible).

499482d1487637365-harbor-freight-tools-dont-suck-img_20170214_122627rhf-grizzlywelders-jpg

Last edited:

CKing

craiglists are full of these fake ads. Seems most ads on craiglist were scams, you never could actually physically inspect them. Also never say you'll bring cash, and if you drive out to middle of nowhere don't get out of the car till you see what you came for. I was trying to buy used, same problem with stolen units ask if they got a bill of sale or title.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i have one of those harbor freight welders like the black one you purchased. as long as you don't exceed the duty cycle they are amazing cheap and work just fine. i personally hardly ever get close to 20% duty cycle so why pay for more? Great buy