My Scag Wildcat caught on fire.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In the never a dull moment dept. I was mowing the grass today, I go around a big pine an see smoke. Go around the tree again and see Gail jumping up an down waving an yelling FIRE.

I said I saw the smoke where is it. She yells you are on fire. Get off the mower. The fire was behind me By the time I got a fire extinguisher it was way to big for me to mess with.

I Called 911 an got help. Mower is history. It was my favorite mower ever. A Scag Wildcat ZTR.

Thankfully no one hurt and no structures damaged.

Attachments

• ScagOnFire1.jpg
    ScagOnFire1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 23
  • ScagOnFire2.jpg
    ScagOnFire2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 23
  • ScagOnFire3.jpg
    ScagOnFire3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 21
  • ScagOnFire4.jpg
    ScagOnFire4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 21
  • ScagOnFire5.jpg
    ScagOnFire5.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 21

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thats a shame. Scags are nice mowers.

Glad you are ok.

Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, they are nice, and I loved this one. Now a friend of mine who just bought a scag ztr on my recommendation is asking ...so what will you replace it with? After he just bought a Scag if I bought an Exmark or some other ZTR brand he'd freak. LOL Most likely I'll by another Scag and trust they've moved the location of the muffler. A little fuel getting by the float valve to the muffler with a little grass debris on it has been know to cause more than one Scag fire. Not sure that was the cause of mine but I have no better idea at this point.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Diesel?

i think their diesels are Kubota

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My Scag was a gasser. I wanted and priced Kubota Diesel ZTR's but they were like 5k more than the Scag gasser ....So I bought the Scag and loved it ...till it burnt up.